1/22/2012

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2877

Messages In This Digest (15 Messages)

1a.
Re: Deleting an Event on iPhone 4S From: Archie C Grapa
1b.
Re: Deleting an Event on iPhone 4S From: mpstupinski@snet.net
2a.
Buisness card app From: Allan
2b.
Re: Buisness card app From: Tara Payne
2c.
Re: Buisness card app From: Vincent Uriah, Jr.
2d.
Re: Buisness card app From: pabitra saha
3a.
Two Contacts, Same Number From: jiminmanjr
3b.
Re: Two Contacts, Same Number From: N.A. Nada
4a.
Re: iOS User Guide From: N.A. Nada
5.
Printer recommendations? From: mdoyle13
6a.
No Sender From: whiterabbit32@gmail.com
6b.
Re: No Sender From: N.A. Nada
6c.
Re: No Sender From: Bill Sardone
6d.
Re: No Sender From: whiterabbit32@gmail.com
7.1.
Re: Throttling From: whiterabbit32@gmail.com

Messages

1a.

Re: Deleting an Event on iPhone 4S

Posted by: "Archie C Grapa" archiegrapa@yahoo.com   archiegrapa

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:50 am (PST)



To the right of Event Details is Edit.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

-----Original Message-----
From: mpstupinski@snet.net
Sender: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 23:08:43
To: <apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [apple-iphone] Re: Deleting an Event on iPhone 4S

OK, there's something really wrong here. Let me try to respond to all the suggestions here and hopefully the problem I'm having will become obvious to some who are trying to help.

First, the details of my setup. I am running iOS 5.0.1 on an iPhone 4S. An attempt at doing any upgrade tells me that I am up to date with that.

Now, I start by selecting and tapping on the calendar icon on my iPhone screen. When I do, the month of January appears in month view (my selection). The top of the screen shows a button 'Calendars' on the left, in the center it says 'All Calendars,' and on the right is a '+' button. Next down is the calendar for January, and next is a window showing, in a list format, the events for any selected day. On the bottom are buttons for 'Today,' 'List,' 'Day,' and 'Month.' That is all that appears.

Tapping on any of the Events brings me to a new screen with, on top, on the left a button containing the date of the event, and in the center, the words 'Event Details.' below that is a window with a description of the event. Nothing else appears on that screen. All you can do there is tap the button with the date, which returns you to the month view.

If I start with List view or Day view the results are essentially the same, with the only exception being the format of the starting screen.

There are no Edit selections presented, I can't scroll anywhere off any of the screens and that is all I can do. If I knew how I could do it on the iPhone, I would do what I would do on my Mac and post a screen capture of the screens I see.

Does that give enough info to help?

Thanks,
Mike

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, Paul Deyo <paul.deyo@...> wrote:
>
> On my iPhone 4 running the latest firmware if I select edit on an appointment then scroll to the bottom there a great big DELETE button.
>
>
> On Friday, January 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM, mpstupinski@... wrote:
>
> >
> > Well, when I tap an Event on the calendar on my iPhone, an Event Details screen opens immediately. I never get an Edit choice, nor can I "scroll down" anywhere to find a Delete Event button to tap. I have a '+' symbol in the upper right of the window on the screen, so I can add events, but nowhere can I find a way to delete an event.
> >
> > I must be missing something here, but I don't know what it is.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com (mailto:apple-iphone%40yahoogroups.com), Jim Saklad <jimdoc@> wrote:
> > >
> > > That exact procedure works here.
> > >
> > >
> > > > How do I delete an event directly from my iPhone calendar? The User Guide for iOS 5 gives a procedure that works for iCal on my Mac, but obviously doesn't apply to the iPhone calendar ("Tap the event, tap Edit, then scroll down and tap Delete Event.").
>




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1b.

Re: Deleting an Event on iPhone 4S

Posted by: "mpstupinski@snet.net" mpstupinski@snet.net   mstupinski

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:51 am (PST)



Maybe on your iPhone, but it doesn't appear on mine. That's the problem.

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "Archie C Grapa" <archiegrapa@...> wrote:
>
> To the right of Event Details is Edit.

2a.

Buisness card app

Posted by: "Allan" aaunkst@gmail.com   tama.drummer62

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:32 am (PST)



Looking for an iPhone app that will allow me to take a picture of buisness card and store it?

Email sent by iphone 4

2b.

Re: Buisness card app

Posted by: "Tara Payne" hijump1@yahoo.com   tmayner

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:41 am (PST)



I use genius scan. Works well for documents.

Tara

On Jan 21, 2012, at 11:14 AM, Allan <aaunkst@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking for an iPhone app that will allow me to take a picture of buisness card and store it?

2c.

Re: Buisness card app

Posted by: "Vincent Uriah, Jr." clearvu@yahoo.com   clearvu

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:04 pm (PST)



I like World Card. Works great! It will even record email signatures and file them as new contacts or add them existing contacts.

Sent from Vincent's iPhone 4s

On Jan 21, 2012, at 12:14 PM, Allan <aaunkst@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking for an iPhone app that will allow me to take a picture of buisness card and store it?
>
> Email sent by iphone 4
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2d.

Re: Buisness card app

Posted by: "pabitra saha" pksaha000@yahoo.co.uk   pksaha000

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:04 pm (PST)



I use Vue scan and it is free
pks


________________________________
From: Tara Payne <hijump1@yahoo.com>
To: "apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com" <apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, 21 January 2012, 20:36
Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] Buisness card app


 

I use genius scan. Works well for documents.

Tara

On Jan 21, 2012, at 11:14 AM, Allan <aaunkst@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking for an iPhone app that will allow me to take a picture of buisness card and store it?



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3a.

Two Contacts, Same Number

Posted by: "jiminmanjr" jiminmanjr@yahoo.com   jiminmanjr

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:41 am (PST)



I have my mom stored in my iPhone 3GS with her full name. She is also my ICE (In Case of Emergency), and I have her cell phone stored there.

When my mom calls me, the ICE shows up, instead of her name/picture/etc. Her name is Joy, so I'm wondering if the iPhone recognizes ICE first because it's alphabetically first.

I would like it so, if my mom calls on her cell phone, it will show her face... not ICE.

The home phone situation is different, because she has blocked caller ID on it. So, it always shows up as Blocked.

Thoughts? Anyone?

Thank you!!

3b.

Re: Two Contacts, Same Number

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:15 pm (PST)




On Jan 21, 2012, at 11:38 AM, jiminmanjr wrote:

> I have my mom stored in my iPhone 3GS with her full name. She is also my ICE (In Case of Emergency), and I have her cell phone stored there.
>
> When my mom calls me, the ICE shows up, instead of her name/picture/etc. Her name is Joy, so I'm wondering if the iPhone recognizes ICE first because it's alphabetically first.
>
> I would like it so, if my mom calls on her cell phone, it will show her face... not ICE.
>
> The home phone situation is different, because she has blocked caller ID on it. So, it always shows up as Blocked.
>
> Thoughts? Anyone?

Change her listing to (first name) (last name * ICE, In Case of Emergency:) in a single entry. Emergency personnel know to look for a ICE entry in cell phones.

A search in my address book on my iPhone come up with two entries, one starting * ICE and the other as listed above.

For some reason the entries are merged on my Mac, but not my iPhone, but it shows up on an incoming call as the name and image I have for the listing.

Brent

4a.

Re: iOS User Guide

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:55 am (PST)



Or on your iPhone/ Safari/ last bookmark

On Jan 20, 2012, at 8:14 PM, Brent wrote:

> Look here: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#iphone
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Louise <las313fl@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>>
>> Where can I find the i0S user guide?

5.

Printer recommendations?

Posted by: "mdoyle13" mickeydoyle13@gmail.com   mdoyle13

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:15 pm (PST)



Looking to replace our printer and thought I'd get some input. We have a home wireless network running two Win7 laptops and two iPhones (4 and 4S). I would like to be able to print wirelessly from any of those four devices.

We currently have an HP 1500 series PSC. Not necessarily relegating it to the graveyard though. But I am tired of throwing a lot of money around for ink that invariably just dries out because we don't print too often. So the new printer will only need to be a printer (not scanner or copier, if that's even possible anymore).

Any recommendations? Thanks.

6a.

No Sender

Posted by: "whiterabbit32@gmail.com" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:53 pm (PST)



Lately I've been getting No Sender No Subject emails. I am unable to delete them. Is this happening to others as well? How do you delete them?

iPhone 4, iMac and MacBook Air are all updated to the latest software.

Alice

Sent from my iPhone 4
6b.

Re: No Sender

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:50 pm (PST)




On Jan 21, 2012, at 12:53 PM, whiterabbit32@gmail.com wrote:

> Lately I've been getting No Sender No Subject emails. I am unable to delete them. Is this happening to others as well? How do you delete them?
>
> iPhone 4, iMac and MacBook Air are all updated to the latest software.

If this is just on your iPhone, then it is an issue with how it deals with threading and people hijacking threads. Turn off threading and the sender and subject will appear. They should appear on your Macs anyway.

To check you can put the iPhone in Airplane mode and open the email and then look for it on one of your Macs.

If it is on the Macs with no name or subject, then it is something else.

Brent

6c.

Re: No Sender

Posted by: "Bill Sardone" wsardone@att.net   wsardone

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:51 pm (PST)



I get them all the time and they disappear on their own.

Thanks

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com [mailto:apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of whiterabbit32@gmail.com
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:53 PM
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [apple-iphone] No Sender

Lately I've been getting No Sender No Subject emails. I am unable to delete
them. Is this happening to others as well? How do you delete them?

iPhone 4, iMac and MacBook Air are all updated to the latest software.

Alice

Sent from my iPhone 4

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

6d.

Re: No Sender

Posted by: "whiterabbit32@gmail.com" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:23 pm (PST)



Thanks for the help. I'll leave them alone then.

Alice

Sent from my iPhone 4

On Jan 21, 2012, at 2:01 PM, "Bill Sardone" <wsardone@att.net> wrote:

> I get them all the time and they disappear on their own.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com [mailto:apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com] On
> Behalf Of whiterabbit32@gmail.com
> Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:53 PM
> To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [apple-iphone] No Sender
>
> Lately I've been getting No Sender No Subject emails. I am unable to delete
> them. Is this happening to others as well? How do you delete them?
>
> iPhone 4, iMac and MacBook Air are all updated to the latest software.
>
> Alice
>
> Sent from my iPhone 4
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

7.1.

Re: Throttling

Posted by: "whiterabbit32@gmail.com" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:16 pm (PST)



I wouldn't pay extra if your provider is going to keep throttling you. You should get exactly what you're paying for before ANY throttling occurred. All providers that throttle should tell us upfront they throttle.

Alice

Sent from my iPhone 4

On Jan 19, 2012, at 6:37 AM, "Bill Sardone" <wsardone@att.net> wrote:

> That is too bad.
>
> I am not convinced that paying extra would alleviate that.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com [mailto:apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com] On
> Behalf Of Mike Rodgers
> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:05 AM
> To: Tii2
> Cc: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [apple-iphone] Throttling
>
> I can now say after about 4 months of getting the 5% text message, this
> month it looks like I'm getting slow speed on podcast downloads. This month
> the text message came at
> 5 gig 10 days before end of billing cycle. The speed appears to be about
> like edge or 2g.
>
> Mike R
>
> Sent from my spy ring
>
> Amateur/Ham Radio KE5GBC
> HF & Echolink
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Learn about issues

Find support

Y! Messenger

All together now

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Improve your business

by community exchange

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web