1/20/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 8695

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

1a.
Re: Physical system discs From: Otto Nikolaus

Message

1a.

Re: Physical system discs

Posted by: "Otto Nikolaus" otto.nikolaus@googlemail.com   nikyzf

Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:10 am (PST)



On 20 January 2012 10:13, Harry Flaxman <harry.flaxman@comcast.net> wrote:

>
> Right! I do the same. I hade SD update every 12 hours. Pretty quick and
> easy. I prefer this rather than every day or two as the smart update takes
> longer. I have used a SD recovery card created with Lion Diskmaker to do a
> clean install of 10.7.2, and then have migrated back from the clone.
>
> Works rather well. I have made a recovery thumb drive as a backup with
> Apple's utility, just in case.
>
> I do notice that if I've recovered by just using SuperDuper to erase and
> copy back from the clone, the original recovery partition seems to 'go
> away'. This is a nuisance, thus my use of redundancy in having a way to
> recover should I lose everything!
>

I can't understand why *every* Mac user doesn't have a bootable clone. It's
so easy, using either SD or CCC, and has so many advantages for so little
cost.

Otto

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web