1/29/2012

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2884

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

1a.
Re: WiFi Hotspot From: Chris Laarman
2a.
Re: replacing 3gs battery From: 4 Nikonkelly.com
3.
Finding iPhone Reminders in iCal From: David Morganstein
4a.
Re: Info, please From: Patrick Milligan

Messages

1a.

Re: WiFi Hotspot

Posted by: "Chris Laarman" v.c.laarman@gmail.com   chrislaarman

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:35 am (PST)



Dave Sherlock <dsherlock.geo@yahoo.com> on Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:20:16
-0700:

>That plan should include wifi at Starbucks and McDonalds, perhaps others. Seems like AT&T has a list of where their hot spots are - don't Denver where I saw it.

(Dropping my two cents here)

Search the App Store for "hotspot".

I have the HotSpot Finder T-Mobile NL installed.
(T-Mobile NL is my provider anyway.)

--
Chris Laarman

2a.

Re: replacing 3gs battery

Posted by: "4 Nikonkelly.com" kelly@nikonkelly.com   revkellytodd

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:36 am (PST)



thank you Jim!
Kelly Todd
Http://www.nikonkelly.com

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Saklad
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 10:05 PM
Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] replacing 3gs battery

> If I went to eBay and bought a new battery there for it, would
I have any issues with replacing the battery myself or is it
pretty straight forward... I have been told by one shop that there
are a lot of wires that I would have to make sure that did not pop
out. but today's electronics seldom have many wires to speak of so
I thought his warning to be an attempt to get me to take it to him
and pay him for his service. Is this a hard job, has anyone done
it? I guess what I am asking is how hard of a job is this? I
dabble in electronics a bit, but am not a pro. what say ye?
> Kelly Todd

<http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-iPhone-3GS-Battery/1545/1>

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@me.com

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1901 / Virus Database: 2109/4771 - Release Date:
01/27/12

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3.

Finding iPhone Reminders in iCal

Posted by: "David Morganstein" drm0223@mac.com   drm0223

Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:58 am (PST)




I've read web reviews of Reminders that say what is on the iPhone in Reminders will sync with Apple's iCal and show up under Reminders there. I don't see them in iCal. I do see other Reminders from my Office Outlook. I just don't see any from the iPhone.

I do have my mail.mac.com account selected in the drop down list of Reminder sources.

Everything else syncs (contacts, events, etc.).

Does this sync of Reminders require iCloud? I'm still using MobileMe.

TIA!

David

4a.

Re: Info, please

Posted by: "Patrick Milligan" pmilligan@prodigy.net   pmilligan@prodigy.net

Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:33 pm (PST)



My iPhone is in fact a 3Gs.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Resources and tips

for parents

Y! Messenger

All together now

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Share experiences

with owners like you

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web