1/21/2012

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1204

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

1a.
Re: Touch Questions From: jd_mitchell2000
1b.
Re: Touch Questions From: bj

Messages

1a.

Re: Touch Questions

Posted by: "jd_mitchell2000" jd_mitchell2000@yahoo.com   jd_mitchell2000

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:12 am (PST)



Welcome aboard! Try this:
http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/
--- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com, Robert C <gone.to.dawgs@...> wrote:
>
> Howdy,
> I am totally new to Apple products and have an iPod Touch 4g to
> evaluate.have to return it in about 2 weeks. Should have joined this
> group sooner.
>
> First, can someone give me a link so I can get an Apple id? I assume I
> need this to download apps.
>
> So far I pretty much have the navigation figured out. What I need to
> learn soon is what app works well for reading documents, mostly recipes.
> I will be using VoiceOver as I am blind so the app must be fully
> compatible. Does either the txt or doc format work better in this
> regard? I can use either.
>
> I installed the iTunes Manager. I kind of have that figured out too.
> Are there other apps that can make the task of transferring documents to
> the Touch easier?
>
> I think that is all I need for now. If all goes well, I will get my own
> Touch. Thanks. ;)
>
> Quote of the nanosecond...
> Why are they called buildings, when they're already finished? Shouldn't
> they be called builts?
> Robert & Dreamer Doll ke7nwn
> E-mail-
> Gone.to.Dawgs@...
> Home Page-
> http://webpages.charter.net/dog_guide/
>

1b.

Re: Touch Questions

Posted by: "bj" bjones44@verizon.net   jblair44

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 am (PST)



to get an Apple ID go to https://appleid.apple.com
there's a big blue button on right side of the page.
(I'm not sure how your screen-reader may work.)

Yes, you will need an Apple ID to download apps.

I can't help about the voice-over issue. You might also try in the iPad and
the apple-iphone groups, as well as any visually-impaired-related groups --
I'm sure someone in one of them must have an iDevice!

Apple Support may also have some information on accessibility, either online
or by phone, and be able to help you with any sign-up problems.
People at the Apple Stores, if you can get to one, are very helpful.

I use iTunes to transfer content. There are other ways to do it -- and now
much may be done over wi-fi (with iTunes) -- but I just stick with what I
sort-of-know -- hook up the cable to my pc, make my selections in iTunes,
and sync, or copy docs in apps that use file-sharing even without syncing.

Good luck and Have Fun!
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert C
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 12:51 AM
To: iPod Touch
Subject: [the_ipod_group] Touch Questions

Howdy,
I am totally new to Apple products and have an iPod Touch 4g to
evaluate.have to return it in about 2 weeks. Should have joined this
group sooner.

First, can someone give me a link so I can get an Apple id? I assume I
need this to download apps.

So far I pretty much have the navigation figured out. What I need to
learn soon is what app works well for reading documents, mostly recipes.
I will be using VoiceOver as I am blind so the app must be fully
compatible. Does either the txt or doc format work better in this
regard? I can use either.

I installed the iTunes Manager. I kind of have that figured out too.
Are there other apps that can make the task of transferring documents to
the Touch easier?

I think that is all I need for now. If all goes well, I will get my own
Touch. Thanks. ;)

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web