11/15/2011

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2784

Messages In This Digest (21 Messages)

1a.
Re: iCloud issue:  Cannot get my mobile me a/c on iPhone From: Michael Moloney
2a.
iPhone 4s Contacts Issue From: David
2b.
Re: iPhone 4s Contacts Issue From: Jim Saklad
3a.
Incipio From: Allan
3b.
Re: Incipio From: Wyldceltic1
4.
ITunes won't stay closed on my computer From: carolt62
5a.
Air printer question From: Carol Corley
5b.
Re: Air printer question From: Bill Boulware
6.
Apple releases iTunes 10.5.1, Match is available now From: Bill Boulware
7a.
Blocked Phone Calls From: Golden One 7
7b.
Re: Blocked Phone Calls From: Sharon
7c.
Re: Blocked Phone Calls From: T L
7d.
Re: Blocked Phone Calls From: Golden One 7
7e.
Re: Blocked Phone Calls From: Sharon
8a.
Stuck on Snow Leopard From: whitecottonrs
8b.
Re: Stuck on Snow Leopard From: Jay Abraham
8c.
Re: Stuck on Snow Leopard From: Otto Nikolaus
9a.
4s questions From: Ron Little
9b.
Re: 4s questions From: Ron Little
10a.
Belkin N+ Wireless router problem From: Devitt
10b.
Re: Belkin N+ Wireless router problem From: Paul Deyo

Messages

1a.

Re: iCloud issue:  Cannot get my mobile me a/c on iPhone

Posted by: "Michael Moloney" Michael.Moloney@gmail.com   moloney_mj

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:55 am (PST)



Hi there Alice

Thanks. I had previously tried but to no avail. But yesterday I persisted with that line of approach and I have now got it working. Thanks :-)

Regards,
Michael Moloney
Email: michael.moloney@gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com [mailto:apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of whiterabbit32
Sent: Sunday, 13 November 2011 4:09 PM
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] iCloud issue: Cannot get my mobile me a/c on iPhone

Have you tried going into settings on your iPhone, deleting your mail account and resetting it up?

Alice

Sent from my iPad 2

On Nov 12, 2011, at 7:32 PM, "Michael Moloney" <Michael.Moloney@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I think I have done something wrong or pressed a wrong button or something but I can't seem to get my current and active mobile me account onto my iphone. It prompts me to create an email address and when I enter the address I already have, it says it is taken. Duh I know that Apple! LOL.
>
> Any ideas or tips would be most welcome.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Michael Moloney
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

2a.

iPhone 4s Contacts Issue

Posted by: "David" dc1999@gmail.com   dave24c

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:30 am (PST)



On my iPhone 3Gs, there was a search method by pulling down the top margin of the display in contacts. That seems to be eliminated in the 4s, and instead one must go to the Global Search, which isn't that easy to find.

Am I right? While a global search is fine and dandy (like Spotlight on the Mac), at least Apple could have put it somewhere that it's easy to find and use.

Dave

2b.

Re: iPhone 4s Contacts Issue

Posted by: "Jim Saklad" jimdoc@me.com   jimdoc01

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:16 am (PST)



> On my iPhone 3Gs, there was a search method by pulling down the top margin of the display in contacts. That seems to be eliminated in the 4s, and instead one must go to the Global Search, which isn't that easy to find.
>
> Am I right?

No.
My 4S has the search within Contacts right there where I've always been used to seeing it.
Tapping once on the clock at the top of the screen is pretty easy.

> While a global search is fine and dandy (like Spotlight on the Mac), at least Apple could have put it somewhere that it's easy to find and use.

The global search is trivially easy to find.
Press Home to get to the first screen of apps, swipe left to right across that screen.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@me.com

3a.

Incipio

Posted by: "Allan" aaunkst@gmail.com   tama.drummer62

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:15 am (PST)



I just ordered an incipio off grid off of Amazon.
I was wondering if anyone else had one of these

Email sent by iphone 4

3b.

Re: Incipio

Posted by: "Wyldceltic1" wyldceltic1@me.com   wyldceltic1

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:24 am (PST)



They make great stuff, I'm fond of their "Silacrylic' line, and for the iPad they have a back cover called the 'Smart Feather' This actually covers the hinge of the smart cover and actually make for a secure fix of the smart cover, protection for the back etc.

iPhone 4 'feathers' are nice looking, but not what I would call 'protective' if you drop your iPhone on the street, ground, tiles etc.

On Nov 14, 2011, at 9:05 AM, Allan wrote:

> I just ordered an incipio off grid off of Amazon.
> I was wondering if anyone else had one of these

4.

ITunes won't stay closed on my computer

Posted by: "carolt62" caroltapp@bellsouth.net   carolt62

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:29 am (PST)



iTunes loads when I boot my computer. I can shut it down but within a few seconds, it reloads, over and over. This has happened only since I upgraded to the new iTunes iOS and the new iPhone OS. I have an iPhone 3GS.

I don't want iTunes loaded all the time (only when my iPhone is plugged in to my computer) because of the amount of RAM it uses. I've gone through all the menu items and can find nothing to change to stop it. I've also Googled it and can't find anything. Any suggestions?

5a.

Air printer question

Posted by: "Carol Corley" floridabouvs@gmail.com   floridabouvs

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:06 am (PST)



Still trying to print from my ipad to my wifi HP printer. I rechecked
settings and can print from my Windows 7 computer via wifi, but my ipad
still says no air printer found. Do I have to do something with the
settings in the ipad for it to recognize my printer? The app store shows an
HP printer program for iphone but not ipad and it has very bad reviews.
Thanks,
Carol

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

5b.

Re: Air printer question

Posted by: "Bill Boulware" bill.boulware@gmail.com   boulware0224

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:11 am (PST)



Unless it is one of the printers that has Airprint built in, you would have
to have the printer set up and Shared on a Mac (I believe) or on a Windows
Machine with Bonjour sharing installed and enabled for it to show on the
iPad. I don't remember exactly how I got this working way back when print
was in iOS 4.x Beta before they even had printers with Airprint.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 14:03, Carol Corley <floridabouvs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Still trying to print from my ipad to my wifi HP printer. I rechecked
> settings and can print from my Windows 7 computer via wifi, but my ipad
> still says no air printer found. Do I have to do something with the
> settings in the ipad for it to recognize my printer? The app store shows an
> HP printer program for iphone but not ipad and it has very bad reviews.
> Thanks,
> Carol
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

6.

Apple releases iTunes 10.5.1, Match is available now

Posted by: "Bill Boulware" bill.boulware@gmail.com   boulware0224

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:06 am (PST)



Those of you with limited bandwidth and signing up for iTunes Match -
BE CAREFUL - I have only been using new version for ~36 hours but it
seems to download any song you click on, even if skipping past it so
you can rack up hundreds of mbs of usage in minutes...

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/9To5Mac-MacAllDay/~3/Sx8mjhMgYDg/

Sent to you by Bill Boulware via Google Reader: Apple releases iTunes
10.5.1, Match is available now via 9to5Mac by Jake Smith on 11/14/11

Following the recent release of the iTunes 10.5.1 beta 3 to developers,
Apple today started pushing out iTunes 10.5.1 to the public. You should
see the update appearing in Software Update any second, otherwise it's
already available for download from Apple's site here.

Apple also confirmed the availability of iTunes Match in the U.S., with
the following announcement on their iTunes page. iTunes Match syncs
users' music to iCloud for $24.99 a year. Unlimited songs can be synced
and doesn't affect iCloud storage, but only songs that are available on
iTunes can be synced.

Even though it is available to the public, Apple is still labeling
iTunes Match as a beta product. Developers who tested Match will still
receive a free three months with a year subscription.

Today, Apple has also released a Thunderbolt Software Update that
addresses random black screens on the Thunderbolt Display and brings
improvements to other Thunderbolt devices. Hit up Software Update to
download.

7a.

Blocked Phone Calls

Posted by: "Golden One 7" gryone77@yahoo.com   gryone77

Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:08 pm (PST)



Has anyone started receiving or noticed an increase in blocked phone calls? Anyone know how to track/trace these phone calls?

7b.

Re: Blocked Phone Calls

Posted by: "Sharon" CatDogMom@gmail.com   gram2one

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:28 pm (PST)



I have and I wonder how the phone knows to block those calls?

Sharon

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Golden One 7 <gryone77@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anyone started receiving or noticed an increase in blocked phone
> calls? Anyone know how to track/trace these phone calls?

7c.

Re: Blocked Phone Calls

Posted by: "T L" techlady04@yahoo.com   techlady04

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:32 pm (PST)



Blocked calls or blocked numbers? Blocked numbers are usually done from the sender's end. Just set your phone not to show the number.

TL

________________________________
From: Sharon <CatDogMom@gmail.com>
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 7:11 PM
Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] Blocked Phone Calls

 
I have and I wonder how the phone knows to block those calls?

Sharon

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Golden One 7 <gryone77@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anyone started receiving or noticed an increase in blocked phone
> calls? Anyone know how to track/trace these phone calls?

7d.

Re: Blocked Phone Calls

Posted by: "Golden One 7" gryone77@yahoo.com   gryone77

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:06 pm (PST)



Blocked calls I know that it usually comes from the sender. I've just noticed a increase of Blocked phone calls w/o anyone on the other end. I'm cautious who receives my number. Wondering if anyone else has had an issue with this

On Nov 14, 2011, at 7:30 PM, T L <techlady04@yahoo.com> wrote:

Blocked calls or blocked numbers? Blocked numbers are usually done from the sender's end. Just set your phone not to show the number.

TL

________________________________
From: Sharon <CatDogMom@gmail.com>
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 7:11 PM
Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] Blocked Phone Calls

I have and I wonder how the phone knows to block those calls?

Sharon

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Golden One 7 <gryone77@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anyone started receiving or noticed an increase in blocked phone
> calls? Anyone know how to track/trace these phone calls?

7e.

Re: Blocked Phone Calls

Posted by: "Sharon" CatDogMom@gmail.com   gram2one

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:47 pm (PST)



I'm sure they are spam calls. I get a notice of say 3 missed calls and when I pull up recent calls it just reads "blocked"

Sharon

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Golden One 7 <gryone77@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Blocked calls I know that it usually comes from the sender. I've just
> noticed a increase of Blocked phone calls w/o anyone on the other end. I'm
> cautious who receives my number. Wondering if anyone else has had an issue
> with this
>
> On Nov 14, 2011, at 7:30 PM, T L <techlady04@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Blocked calls or blocked numbers? Blocked numbers are usually done from
> the sender's end. Just set your phone not to show the number.
>
> TL
>
> ________________________________
> From: Sharon <CatDogMom@gmail.com>
> To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 7:11 PM
> Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] Blocked Phone Calls
>
>
> I have and I wonder how the phone knows to block those calls?
>
> Sharon
>
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Golden One 7 <gryone77@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone started receiving or noticed an increase in blocked phone
> > calls? Anyone know how to track/trace these phone calls?

8a.

Stuck on Snow Leopard

Posted by: "whitecottonrs" whitecottonrs@yahoo.com   whitecottonrs

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:13 pm (PST)



I am unable to download the latest version of the OSX system because when I try to upgrade to Tiger, my Mac says I don't have enough memory on my less than 2 year old Macbook Pro. I tried to buy more memory but the genius said it was too late. She said I didn't need more memory anyway and proceeded to wipe out (without my permission) all my 2011 photos and music. (Now I'm afraid to ever go to the genius bar!) If I can't upgrade my Macbook Pro to Tiger, I can't upgrade my 2 iPhones (4 & 3) either because of the syncing issues. And my calendars are no longer syncing with Mobile Me, or at all. I want to get a new iPhone 4S but am prevented because it wouldn't sync with my other iPhones or Macbook Pro unless I can upgrade to Tiger. I shouldn't have to buy a new Macbook when mine is less than 2 years old. What can I do?

8b.

Re: Stuck on Snow Leopard

Posted by: "Jay Abraham" jaygroups@abrahamgroup.net   kerala01212001

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:40 pm (PST)



You need to give us more information to help you. It seems weird what the Mac genius did - you should complain about that with Apple and the supervisor.

There are two types of memory - 1: RAM - this is the system memory and I think if your Macbook Pro is less than two years old, it is unlikely to not have enough.
2: Hard disk space.

I think it likely that you have filled your hard drive - maybe with a lot of photo's and music. If you have less than 10% of available hard drive capacity left you can end up having lots of problems.

That said I think you might also be confused on what OS system you have. If you got your MacBook Pro less than 2 years ago you would have Snow Leopard on it which was released in August 2009 so are you trying to upgrade to Lion?

or is your Mac older? It is unlikely to be the version before Tiger because Tiger was the first version for Intel chips which is what the MacBook Pro is.

So you need to give us some more information to help you. Look it up in the About this Mac and let us know.

Jay

On Nov 14, 2011, at 6:07 PM, whitecottonrs wrote:

> I am unable to download the latest version of the OSX system because when I try to upgrade to Tiger, my Mac says I don't have enough memory on my less than 2 year old Macbook Pro. I tried to buy more memory but the genius said it was too late. She said I didn't need more memory anyway and proceeded to wipe out (without my permission) all my 2011 photos and music. (Now I'm afraid to ever go to the genius bar!) If I can't upgrade my Macbook Pro to Tiger, I can't upgrade my 2 iPhones (4 & 3) either because of the syncing issues. And my calendars are no longer syncing with Mobile Me, or at all. I want to get a new iPhone 4S but am prevented because it wouldn't sync with my other iPhones or Macbook Pro unless I can upgrade to Tiger. I shouldn't have to buy a new Macbook when mine is less than 2 years old. What can I do?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

8c.

Re: Stuck on Snow Leopard

Posted by: "Otto Nikolaus" otto.nikolaus@googlemail.com   nikyzf

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:05 pm (PST)



Are you sure? A 2-year-old Mac would *not* have come with an OS X version
earlier than 10.4 (Tiger). That's what my 6-year-old PowerBook came
with! No one with an Intel Mac would ever be *upgrading* to 10.4. I suspect
you mean something else but you said "Tiger" several times.

Some "genius" deleted your files? Of course you have backups, but I also
hope you complained like hell.

Otto

On 15 November 2011 00:07, whitecottonrs <whitecottonrs@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am unable to download the latest version of the OSX system because when
> I try to upgrade to Tiger, my Mac says I don't have enough memory on my
> less than 2 year old Macbook Pro. I tried to buy more memory but the
> genius said it was too late. She said I didn't need more memory anyway and
> proceeded to wipe out (without my permission) all my 2011 photos and music.
> (Now I'm afraid to ever go to the genius bar!) If I can't upgrade my
> Macbook Pro to Tiger, I can't upgrade my 2 iPhones (4 & 3) either because
> of the syncing issues. And my calendars are no longer syncing with Mobile
> Me, or at all. I want to get a new iPhone 4S but am prevented because it
> wouldn't sync with my other iPhones or Macbook Pro unless I can upgrade to
> Tiger. I shouldn't have to buy a new Macbook when mine is less than 2
> years old. What can I do?
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

9a.

4s questions

Posted by: "Ron Little" Ron@91710.com   ron_little2003

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:00 pm (PST)



Got the 4S and updated to 5.xx. On the 3GS I had my contacts in groups and I can't seem to get the groups set up in the 4S. Help?

9b.

Re: 4s questions

Posted by: "Ron Little" Ron@91710.com   ron_little2003

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:45 pm (PST)



After many changes in apps and other syncs, I got my groups back. This was done in address book.

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Little" <Ron@...> wrote:
>
> Got the 4S and updated to 5.xx. On the 3GS I had my contacts in groups and I can't seem to get the groups set up in the 4S. Help?
>

10a.

Belkin N+ Wireless router problem

Posted by: "Devitt" devittad@comcast.net   devittad

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:10 pm (PST)



Hi All,

I'm at an apartment rental in San Diego with a password protected N+ wireless router. I entered the password through Safari assuming this would allow me to use all my apps and Mail as well as Safari just as it does at home. However, the only app that will connect is Safari. I have to turn off wifi and use 3G for Mail, and any other app I want to use. it's the same for both the iPhone 3GS and iPad 2 (running ios5)

While 3G is no big deal for Mail it just isn't suitable for my magazine apps via Zinio or any other data hungry apps. The landlord is clueless. All she could tell me was that another person had the same problem with an iPad so I should go around the corner to a hot dog stand with free wifi. Not very helpful. I don't think the problem is with the iPad but the security setup in the router.

Does anyone have suggestions for what I should try? It stinks to be restricted to Internet browsing only.

Many thanks,

Cathy

Sent from my iPad

10b.

Re: Belkin N+ Wireless router problem

Posted by: "Paul Deyo" paul.deyo@gmail.com   crewcheef

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:22 pm (PST)



have you tried putting the password into the WEP under wifi settings?

On Monday, November 14, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Devitt wrote:

>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm at an apartment rental in San Diego with a password protected N+ wireless router. I entered the password through Safari assuming this would allow me to use all my apps and Mail as well as Safari just as it does at home. However, the only app that will connect is Safari. I have to turn off wifi and use 3G for Mail, and any other app I want to use. it's the same for both the iPhone 3GS and iPad 2 (running ios5)
>
> While 3G is no big deal for Mail it just isn't suitable for my magazine apps via Zinio or any other data hungry apps. The landlord is clueless. All she could tell me was that another person had the same problem with an iPad so I should go around the corner to a hot dog stand with free wifi. Not very helpful. I don't think the problem is with the iPad but the security setup in the router.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions for what I should try? It stinks to be restricted to Internet browsing only.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Cathy

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Learn about issues

Find support

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Improve your business

by community exchange

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Family and home

Tips for mom

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.