11/21/2011

[macsupport] Digest Number 8575

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

Message

1a.

[ADMIN] Re: [macsupport] (OT) More on the Kindle Fire

Posted by: "Otto Nikolaus" otto.nikolaus@googlemail.com   nikyzf

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:38 am (PST)



This thread was already off topic but now it's gone beyond that to
personal.

I'm replying here simply because this the latest in the thread. Can we
*please* stop discussing the Kindle now?

(What you do off-list is up to you. ;) )

Thanks,
Otto
(moderating)

On 20 November 2011 23:26, Christopher Collins <maclist@analogdigital.com.au
> wrote:

>
> On 21/11/2011, at 10:08 AM, Pat Osborne wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:41:36 +1100, Christopher Collins wrote:
> >> People who need to justify to themselves why their purchase is
> >> "better" than an iPad are just as annoying as iPad lovers.
> >
> > Whoa, I must have missed something! Who said "better," just less
> > expensive!
> >
>
> In your case "better" must mean less expensive, otherwise you would have
> an iPad.
>
> >> Having used both, I have to say I find the iPad and iOS a much more
> >> operating environment.
> >
> > Oh, "an operating environment!" Whatever that may be... :-?
>
> missing word is "consistent"
>
> > .
> >> I find that "ease of use" worth the few extra dollars.
> >
> > Being retired for a couple of years and being somewhat restricted on
> > *income*, I cannot have such a cavalier attitude about "the few extra
> > dollars!" If I still were working, yes, I'd likely have an iPad.
> >
> > Sure nothing difficult about using the Kindle Fire...for me anyway.
> > Too bad you had difficulties!
> >
> I wonder why you think I found it any easier to pay for an iPad? Everyone
> I know has money problems.
> I just recognised that the extra costs was worthwhile.
>
> >> Haters are just as bad as fanboys.
> >
> > Yes, very true. I'm sorry you hate Kindles! I still have the first
> > generation Kindle, still working just fine. I also have the FIRST
> > generation iPod Touch, which is OK. Never had to hate one to use the
> > other!!!
> >
>
> I don't hate Kindles. I just don't use them because they don't respond as
> well or as simply as my iPad. They are unable to do all that I do with my
> iPad.
>
> Things are always cheap for a reason, and it usually means they aren't
> built as well. Screens are the perfect example.
>
>
> > Guess you're one of the 1%, CJC! Or, you don't comprehend the written
> > word, English, that is!! ;^) Ah, just noticed you're an Australian,
> > a rich one at that!!! That's what the "1%" refers to here in the
> > States.
> > I've never known such a cantankerous Aussie!
> >
> I would like to be one of the 1% as you put it, but then I'm not going to
> bring politics into the discussion.
>
> And cantankerous is far from what I am. Just because I disagree with you
> doesn't make me cantankerous.
>
> > NO MORE NEED BE SAID! Don't care to clutter the group with further
> > nonsense!
> > No hater here, not for the **expensive** Apple products nor the less
> > expensive Amazon products.
> > --
> > Pat (off-list)
>
> Lots and lots of assumptions in there about who and what I am. All because
> I disagreed with you.
>
> Maybe you need to explore why that is rather than abusing people on=-list
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Search Ads

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.