11/24/2011

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2797

Messages In This Digest (13 Messages)

1a.
Re: How to stop spam messages From: Jim Harry
1b.
Re: How to stop spam messages From: Brent
1c.
Re: How to stop spam messages From: Wayne Sweet
2.
Apple’s Black Friday 2011 deals revealed: discounts on iPad, iPod, From: Bill Boulware
3.
iCal Desktop on iPhone From: Jeff
4.
Cleaning... From: Archie C Grapa
5a.
monopod with iphone 4s From: Mary Leek
5b.
Re: monopod with iphone 4s From: Mark Sanford Geiger
5c.
Re: monopod with iphone 4s From: Wyldceltic1
5d.
Re: monopod with iphone 4s From: Dave Sherlock
6a.
No problem.........but silly question. From: Piper
6b.
Re: No problem.........but silly question. From: N.A. Nada
7.1.
Re: LIfeproof From: ROGER PROKIC

Messages

1a.

Re: How to stop spam messages

Posted by: "Jim Harry" jim.harry@harryfamily.com   jnharry

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:34 am (PST)



On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Vinny V <v3jv@yahoo.com> wrote:
Is there any way of stopping it since I do not have a messaging plan
and I think I am charged for every message I receive.

I believe you can call your wireless carrier and have them block all
text messaging to your phone.

Jim H.

1b.

Re: How to stop spam messages

Posted by: "Brent" flapdoodle@gmail.com   flapdoodle44

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:25 am (PST)



For those on AT&T, here is how to block spam test messages:

http://www.wireless.att.com/support_static_files/KB/svc/documents/1220912515172.Anti-spam%20FAQ%20080707%20Consumer.pdf

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 5:02 AM, Jim Harry <jim.harry@harryfamily.com>wrote:

> **
>
>
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Vinny V <v3jv@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there any way of stopping it since I do not have a messaging plan
> and I think I am charged for every message I receive.
>
> I believe you can call your wireless carrier and have them block all
> text messaging to your phone.
>
> Jim H.
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1c.

Re: How to stop spam messages

Posted by: "Wayne Sweet" expplane@comcast.net   nomadvulcan

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:50 am (PST)



I also would like to know how to stop email spam on my iPhone and iPad. It's gotten really annoying.
Wayne

2.

Apple’s Black Friday 2011 deals revealed: discounts on iPad, iPod,

Posted by: "Bill Boulware" bill.boulware@gmail.com   boulware0224

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:46 am (PST)



http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/9To5Mac-MacAllDay/~3/l0pTmAuty2Y/

Sent to you by Bill Boulware via Google Reader: Apple€ ¢â' '¹s Black Friday
2011 deals revealed: discounts on iPad, iPod, iMac, MacBook Air,
MacBook Pro, and accessories via 9to5Mac by Mark Gurman on 11/22/11

A trusted tipster has provided us with the details on Apple€ ¢â' '¹s Black
Friday (November 25th) 2011 sale. The sale is very similar to Apple€ ¢â' '¹s
offerings in past years, but does give better discounts to higher
capacities of the iPads and iPods. The deals on the Mac end cover the
iMac, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro, while the iPod nano and iPod touch
are the discounted iPod offerings. The Macs will be $101 less, the
iPads will go from $41-$61 discounts depending on capacity (16GB, 32GB,
64GB), the iPod nano will shave off $11 for both 8GB and 16GB storage
sizes, the iPod touch will follow the iPad€ ¢â' '¹s lead of bigger discounts
for bigger capacities, ranging from $21-$41 discounts.

Apple will also (images after the break) discount accessories. On the
Apple in-house accessory list is $11 off the iPad 2 Smart Cover (comes
out to $28 for the polyurethane and $58 for the leather), $11 off ($58
in total for each) for the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Apple Wireless
Magic Trackpad, $5 off ($45 total) for a $50 iTunes/App
Store/iBookstore gift card, in addition to discounts on the AirPort
Extreme, Time Capsule, and AirPort Express. Third-party accessories
such as Western Digital hard drives, the mophie JuicePack Air, Speck
CandyShell iPhone 4/4S case, Jawbone Up, a Griffin Universal Remote
Control system for the iPod touch, the Jawbone Jambox, a Phillips clock
radio, and more are also on sale. Check out the entire sale with the
rest of the leaked pamphlet after the break:

3.

iCal Desktop on iPhone

Posted by: "Jeff" jeffreyfort@mac.com   naviguesser74

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:50 am (PST)



I subscribed to an athletic team schedule on iCal on my desktop. I sync to the cloud, I thought. The events do not appear on iCloud or on my iPhone. What do I need to do?

4.

Cleaning...

Posted by: "Archie C Grapa" archiegrapa@yahoo.com   archiegrapa

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:10 am (PST)



Guys, I saw for the first time under an app icon that says Cleaning...
Similar to Loading and Installing when downloading an app. Anyone know what that means?

€ ¢ï£¿ Archie € ¢î' 'ª

5a.

monopod with iphone 4s

Posted by: "Mary Leek" mleek@sbcglobal.net   mleek@sbcglobal.net

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:37 pm (PST)



Is there a place to attach a monopod on the iphone 4s?

I want to take large numbers of photos of headstones at cemeteries and need something to use to balance the phone.

TIA.

Mary

5b.

Re: monopod with iphone 4s

Posted by: "Mark Sanford Geiger" geiger4@gmail.com   mgmarx19

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:54 pm (PST)



There are devices that will allow the use of tripod/monopods. I will look to see if I can find information that I stored.

Sent from my iPhone
Mark Sanford Geiger

On Nov 23, 2011, at 1:10 PM, "Mary Leek" <mleek@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Is there a place to attach a monopod on the iphone 4s?
>
> I want to take large numbers of photos of headstones at cemeteries and need something to use to balance the phone.
>
> TIA.
>
> Mary
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

5c.

Re: monopod with iphone 4s

Posted by: "Wyldceltic1" wyldceltic1@me.com   wyldceltic1

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:54 pm (PST)



Only in a case option. You may want to look at JOBY.com at the 'Gorillamobile' line. We sell one at the store that is a hard plastic 'Bumper' but has a little tripod which snaps onto the edge of the case. Not sure of a 'monopod, but they may have those as well.

On Nov 23, 2011, at 1:10 PM, Mary Leek wrote:

> Is there a place to attach a monopod on the iphone 4s?
>
> I want to take large numbers of photos of headstones at cemeteries and need something to use to balance the phone.
>
> TIA.
>
> Mary
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

5d.

Re: monopod with iphone 4s

Posted by: "Dave Sherlock" dsherlock.geo@yahoo.com   dsherlock.geo

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:04 pm (PST)



Look at http://www.amazon.com/Glif-iPhone-Tripod-Mount-Stand/dp/B0052G679K/ref=pd_cp_p_4

Regards, Dave
Sent from my iPad

On Nov 23, 2011, at 2:41 PM, Mark Sanford Geiger <geiger4@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are devices that will allow the use of tripod/monopods. I will look to see if I can find information that I stored.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> Mark Sanford Geiger
>
> On Nov 23, 2011, at 1:10 PM, "Mary Leek" <mleek@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Is there a place to attach a monopod on the iphone 4s?
> >
> > I want to take large numbers of photos of headstones at cemeteries and need something to use to balance the phone.
> >
> > TIA.
> >
> > Mary
> >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

6a.

No problem.........but silly question.

Posted by: "Piper" pcdoc_99@yahoo.com   pcdoc_99

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:23 pm (PST)



I just upgraded from an iPhone 4, to a iPhone 4s. I restored my iPhone 4 as a new phone with no back up installed. Then I connected the new iPhone (4s) and installed my most recent back from the iPhone 4 and then did a sync. All went with out a hitch.

Now I want to set the iPhone 4 up for my wife using her existing phone number and the apps & music play list(s) from her iPod Touch. I have backed up the touch.
How do I get the iPhone set up on the existing phone number?
Will iTunes give me that option once i reconnect it?

6b.

Re: No problem.........but silly question.

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:49 pm (PST)



What carrier? What is the phone number on now? If it is on a SIM card, move the SIM over.

On Nov 22, 2011, at 1:38 PM, Piper wrote:

> I just upgraded from an iPhone 4, to a iPhone 4s. I restored my iPhone 4 as a new phone with no back up installed. Then I connected the new iPhone (4s) and installed my most recent back from the iPhone 4 and then did a sync. All went with out a hitch.
>
> Now I want to set the iPhone 4 up for my wife using her existing phone number and the apps & music play list(s) from her iPod Touch. I have backed up the touch.
> How do I get the iPhone set up on the existing phone number?
> Will iTunes give me that option once i reconnect it?

7.1.

Re: LIfeproof

Posted by: "ROGER PROKIC" rprokic@me.com   rprokic

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:29 pm (PST)



Yes I believe they are now selling the belt clips. I know they have it advertised on their web page as well as a few other accessories.

Roger

---
Roger Prokic

-=[ this message was sent from my Apple iPhone 4S with iOS 5 ]=-

On Nov 22, 2011, at 9:58 AM, Bill Sardone <wsardone@att.net> wrote:

> I have been looking at them on the web....but I am not sure I see a belt
> clip option?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com [mailto:apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com] On
> Behalf Of ROGER PROKIC
> Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:15 AM
> To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] Re: iPhone accessories?
>
> It's actually less bulky than an Otterbox. In fact it's pretty darn thin.
> But gives complete protection.
>
> Roger
>
> ---
> Roger Prokic
>
> -=[ this message was sent from my Apple iPhone 4S with iOS 5 ]=-
>
> On Nov 22, 2011, at 9:08 AM, Gretchen Hunter <gretchenhunter@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Roger,
>>
>> How bulky is the case?
>>
>> Gretchen
>> Sent from my iPhone 4S
>>
>> On Nov 22, 2011, at 8:07 AM, Prokic Roger <rprokic@me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I used Otter Box for years, but now swear by the new LifeProof that is
> completely watertight. It will not leak. Perfect for everyday use and no
> worries when it gets wet, etc.
>>>
>>> Roger
>>>
>>> On Nov 22, 2011, at 8:03 AM, doyle.eugene wrote:
>>>
>>>> I am using an Otter Box case which includes a screen protector that does
> not adhere to the screen. It comes off with the case as it is mounted in the
> front case section. Easy to remove on the occasion where a speck of dust
> gets in between. Otter Box is just plain great.
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Messenger

Want a quick chat?

Chat over IM with

group members.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Learn about issues

Find support

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Family and home

Tips for mom

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.