10/27/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 9199

3 New Messages

Digest #9199
2a
Re: iPad for a Windows user? by "addieteagardin@mac.com" addietea

Messages

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Dave C" davec2468

I'm going through some old hard drives I have, pulling off what I want and donating them.

I'd like to find a utility that I can point to the USB drive and have it find all photos on it, all audio files, all video files.

Sort of like when you have a Finder window open you can click on the "Kind" column head and have the files group by type. But across the entire drive.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

2011 Mini 2.7 GHz dual i7 / 16 GB / 250 GB / 750 GB
OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:33 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Randy B. Singer" randybrucesinger


On Oct 26, 2012, at 8:44 PM, Dave C wrote:

> I'd like to find a utility that I can point to the USB drive and have it find all photos on it, all audio files, all video files.

Disk Library ($40)
http://www.obviousmatter.com/disklibrary.html

NeoFinder ($40)
http://www.cdfinder.de/en/info.html

___________________________________________
Randy B. Singer
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
___________________________________________

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:13 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"addieteagardin@mac.com" addietea

I am in the same age range but have used Macs only for several years (used to buy both PC's and Macs but decided the hassle wasn't worth it with PC's...hopefully, they are much better now.) I have an iMac, a MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and an iPad. I use them for different things. However, if he primarily reads, I would suggest that he get an iPad...they are incredibly handy to read everywhere. If he tends to do a lot of spreadsheets or word processing, possibly even games, then the lamp in the room would be a sufficient solution...my two cents...

Addie
GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE