4/28/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 8875

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Superbundle

Posted by: "John Engberg" mrbyte@earthlink.net   mrbyte

Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:51 am (PDT)




On Apr 27, 2012, at 2:41 PM, Jon Kreisler wrote:

> This link is available to the general public:
>
> http://www.macsuperbundle.com/
>
> Jon
>
-
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Harry Flaxman <harry.flaxman@me.com> wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>>
>> To pass this along, Nova Development has a superbundle starting that has
>> 9 applications, including Toast Titanium 11, for $50. I can't pass
>> along the URL as it is tailored for my email address. It points to a
>> MacMall page though.
>>
>> Harry

I have a friend who purchased this bundle. None of the serial numbers he received worked. He got no help from Nova. He had to contact each software company individually to get a serial number that worked.

John Engberg

2a.

Re: First Gigabit WiFi 802.11ac Router - Netgear

Posted by: "Otto Nikolaus" otto.nikolaus@googlemail.com   nikyzf

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:03 am (PDT)



And if you do backups over Wi-Fi.

Otto

On 27 April 2012 20:21, Denver Dan <denver.dan@verizon.net> wrote:

> Howdy.
>
> The benefit would come when you have two Macs on the same WiFi network
> and swap files between them at a faster speed.
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3a.

Re: Brydge Turns Your iPad Into a Laptop!

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:39 am (PDT)



Now that is a better reason and reply, than asking if someone has been in a (I assume) cramped airplane seat, wanting to watch a movie.

Better reasoning, on why to go for the iPad over the MBA, if the storage is not a issue for the user. But the only app that I can not get on my Mac is iBooks. Or at least the only one I care about, since I don't play games. I assume since I don't have an iPad, only an iPhone, that the iPad apps are not as crippled as the iPhone apps. Think Productivity apps, not Entertainment or Games.

Yeah, there are lots of games for the iDevices, but for myself, I would not say that is justification to go with the iPad over a laptop. Your mileage or personal desires may vary.

I think that leaves the keyboard preferences to weigh into the choice. Personally I have no problems with a soft keyboard over a hard one, but I know for a lot of people that is an issue and strong preference. But then again using a tablet for Productivity tasks is a compromise to begin with. You are compromising on monitor size and storage to begin with, not to mention added security issues with using cloud storage for work product. So what is the big deal about compromising and using a soft keyboard?

From the apparent size of the keyboard, I hope it also includes a huge battery and/or HD or SSD to justify it's thickness. Otherwise get a MacBook Air. And on that airplane, I know it does not look cool, but prop the keyboard up on your belly. If you're in a cramped seat, you're not impressing anyone on what you spent on the ticket, anyway.

Brent

On Apr 27, 2012, at 8:00 AM, Vixpix wrote:

> Because of all those cool apps!!
>
> I could see using something like this on my iPad on occasion. Best of both worlds.

4a.

Re: Last Will program?

Posted by: "Bekah" bekah0176@sbcglobal.net   bekalex

Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:21 am (PDT)



I want to thank Randy and Daly and anyone else who suggested something. I guess I'll go see a lawyer, maybe look into a trust. It's way more important that this is done right than that I save a few bucks.

Bekah
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web