2/13/2012

[MacBook] Digest Number 3596

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a.
bluetooth laser mice From: George
1b.
Re: bluetooth laser mice From: Nelson Johnsrud
1c.
Re: bluetooth laser mice From: J2210

Messages

1a.

bluetooth laser mice

Posted by: "George" george_worth2001@yahoo.co.uk   george_worth2001

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:12 pm (PST)



Hello all, any recommendations/suggestions on any of the many mice available. I just tried a GearHead that wouldn't connect and I'm thinking of having a go with a Logitech V70. Please share any good/bad experiences with this.

Thanks George

1b.

Re: bluetooth laser mice

Posted by: "Nelson Johnsrud" gop4evr@lsol.net   dbxprss

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 pm (PST)



I had a V70 up until about a year ago. It is a good basic mouse. Bluetooth mice have some quirks, the most noticeable being the slight delay in "waking up" after a period of idleness. Nothing I couldn't live with though. The V70 died after about two years of use. I purchased it as a refurbished unit, so this one might have had a history. I don't think it's a bad mouse though.

The mouse I am using now is a M705 Logitech. It is a wireless, but not Bluetooth. It has a USB dongle that it pairs with. This uses a precious USB port, but I have a powered 4-way hub installed. This dongle is also capable of pairing with other devices (printer, keyboard) so only one dongle is needed for several devices. I have yet to try out this feature because I have the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and a wired USB printer.

Having had both, I think I would go with a USB wireless mouse. There is more options available, and you get more bang for the buck.

Nels

Sent from my iGadget

On Feb 12, 2012, at 2:02 PM, "George" <george_worth2001@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello all, any recommendations/suggestions on any of the many mice available. I just tried a GearHead that wouldn't connect and I'm thinking of having a go with a Logitech V70. Please share any good/bad experiences with this.
>
> Thanks George
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

1c.

Re: bluetooth laser mice

Posted by: "J2210" j_YahooReg200510@ordinary.com   tw22102200

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:33 am (PST)



2012 02 13

--- In macbook@yahoogroups.com, Nelson Johnsrud <gop4evr@...> wrote:
>
> I had a V70 up until about a year ago. It is a good basic mouse. Bluetooth mice have some quirks, the most noticeable being the slight ----

My vote is for a wired trackball. Mice are a pain, and wireless ones, moreso. I even bo't a wired keyboard for my iMac, hated the wireless one that came with it.

But I'm an old guy. YMMV, so, FWIW,

jgh

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Fashion News

What's the word on

fashion and style?

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Learn about issues

Find support

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web