2/28/2012

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1224

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Can a second-generation iPod be run on 220V 50/60 Hz without a p

Posted by: "Sue" siwriter@si.rr.com   writefrmtheheart

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:48 pm (PST)



iPod Touches don't have GPS. It's impossible since they are WiFi only.

From: JoyceK
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 3:33 AM
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [the_ipod_group] Can a second-generation iPod be run on 220V 50/60 Hz without a power converter?

Hi, I'll be traveling to Norway this summer and was thinking of buying an iPad with downloaded maps of the cities I'll be visiting which would give me GPS capability, but now I'm thinking I'll just take my second-generation iPod with the same maps because generally my iPod meets my travel needs. I understand the iPad does not need a power converter when being charged via 220V 50/60 Hz power. It would just need a power adapter to work on the European style plugs.

So I'm wondering if my second-generation iPod also works on 220V 50/60 Hz power without a converter. I looked under Tech Specs for the iPod but did not find this information.

Also, I did not find any information about GPS for the latest iPod Touch so I'm assuming it doesn't have it, right?

Thanks.

Joyce Keay

Thanks.

Joyce Keay

1b.

Re: Can a second-generation iPod be run on 220V 50/60 Hz without a p

Posted by: "pabitra saha" pksaha000@yahoo.co.uk   pksaha000

Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:40 am (PST)



GPS has no link with wifi or GSM.
Tom Tom does not have GSM but is GPS enabled.
 
best
 


________________________________
From: Sue <siwriter@si.rr.com>
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 27 February 2012, 20:55
Subject: Re: [the_ipod_group] Can a second-generation iPod be run on 220V 50/60 Hz without a power converter?


 


iPod Touches don't have GPS. It's impossible since they
are WiFi only.

From: JoyceK
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 3:33 AM
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [the_ipod_group] Can a second-generation iPod be run on
220V 50/60 Hz without a power converter?
 
Hi, I'll be traveling to Norway this summer and was thinking of buying an
iPad with downloaded maps of the cities I'll be visiting which would give me GPS
capability, but now I'm thinking I'll just take my second-generation iPod with
the same maps because generally my iPod meets my travel needs. I understand the
iPad does not need a power converter when being charged via 220V 50/60 Hz power.
It would just need a power adapter to work on the European style
plugs.

So I'm wondering if my second-generation iPod also works on 220V
50/60 Hz power without a converter. I looked under Tech Specs for the iPod but
did not find this information.

Also, I did not find any information
about GPS for the latest iPod Touch so I'm assuming it doesn't have it,
right?

Thanks.

Joyce Keay

Thanks.

Joyce
Keay

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web