2/20/2012

[MacBook] Digest Number 3600

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

1a.
Apple Music From: Art Russell
1b.
Re: Apple Music From: T

Messages

1a.

Apple Music

Posted by: "Art Russell" russell_art@bellsouth.net   art2001_30307

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:35 pm (PST)



A bit off topic, but not completely. I'm considering building an Apple-based
system to serve music to my home stereo. There are lots of suggestions, but
few user experiences. Any recommendations? I'm open to buying the components
needed to make this happen, but have a limitation in that my Internet
service is ATT&T U-Verse.

Thanks for any comments or recommendations,

--

Art Russell

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you
end up being governed by your inferiors."
­Plato

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1b.

Re: Apple Music

Posted by: "T" tolllle@yahoo.de   tolllle

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:55 pm (PST)



My 'user experience' is the music stored local on an Airport Disk and a selection of it in my iPhone and iPad. I use an Airport Express and a iPhone/ iPod Dock both attached to my home stereo (Braun Atelier A1).

I think it's a comfortable (and inexpensive) start to enjoy my music library.
The two ways to get the music to the amplifier both have their pros:
1. Put an iPhone/ iPod into the dock and listen to the music continously and charge your device.
2. Use AirPlay from any Mac Computer or iOS device to quickly skip to another song or album. Without cables! From anywhere in your house.

If you are going for better "high fidelity" sound it makes sense to rip your CDs in Apple Losless, throw away the Dock and use the optical output of the Airport Express to serve your amplifier.

If you have an analog amplifier (like me) an extra Digital/ Analog Box will make a difference compared to the bad one built into the Airport Express.

Streaming music from the internet gave me too many bad encoded/ compressed music, so I wouldn't go this way.

> A bit off topic, but not completely. I'm considering building an Apple-based
> system to serve music to my home stereo. There are lots of suggestions, but
> few user experiences. Any recommendations? I'm open to buying the components
> needed to make this happen, but have a limitation in that my Internet
> service is ATT&T U-Verse.
>
> Thanks for any comments or recommendations,
>
> --
>
> Art Russell
>
> "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you
> end up being governed by your inferiors."
> Plato
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Share experiences

with owners like you

Yahoo! News

Fashion News

What's the word on

fashion and style?

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web