2/27/2012

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1223

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Can a second-generation iPod be run on 220V 50/60 Hz without a power

Posted by: "JoyceK" joycekeay@comcast.net   dustycat90

Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:35 am (PST)



Hi, I'll be traveling to Norway this summer and was thinking of buying an iPad with downloaded maps of the cities I'll be visiting which would give me GPS capability, but now I'm thinking I'll just take my second-generation iPod with the same maps because generally my iPod meets my travel needs. I understand the iPad does not need a power converter when being charged via 220V 50/60 Hz power. It would just need a power adapter to work on the European style plugs.

So I'm wondering if my second-generation iPod also works on 220V 50/60 Hz power without a converter. I looked under Tech Specs for the iPod but did not find this information.

Also, I did not find any information about GPS for the latest iPod Touch so I'm assuming it doesn't have it, right?

Thanks.

Joyce Keay

Thanks.

Joyce Keay

1b.

Re: Can a second-generation iPod be run on 220V 50/60 Hz without a p

Posted by: "Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002@gmail.com   ryanwaldon2002

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:16 am (PST)



Joyce:

The same charge can be used for your iPod, so the answer to that question would be "Yes".

The iPod Touch does not have GPS. However, it does provide location service via wifi-triangulation and the Skyhook database. Wifi is much "thicker" in most of Europe than compared to North America, so it's possible that you might have a good result.

--ryan

Sent from my Apple iPad 2 

On Feb 27, 2012, at 6:33, "JoyceK" <joycekeay@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi, I'll be traveling to Norway this summer and was thinking of buying an iPad with downloaded maps of the cities I'll be visiting which would give me GPS capability, but now I'm thinking I'll just take my second-generation iPod with the same maps because generally my iPod meets my travel needs. I understand the iPad does not need a power converter when being charged via 220V 50/60 Hz power. It would just need a power adapter to work on the European style plugs.
>
> So I'm wondering if my second-generation iPod also works on 220V 50/60 Hz power without a converter. I looked under Tech Specs for the iPod but did not find this information.
>
> Also, I did not find any information about GPS for the latest iPod Touch so I'm assuming it doesn't have it, right?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Joyce Keay
>
> Thanks.
>
> Joyce Keay
>
>
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web