3/11/2012

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2928

Messages In This Digest (24 Messages)

1.1.
New iPhone From: Patti A Robertson
1.2.
Re: New iPhone From: N.A. Nada
1.3.
Re: New iPhone From: Patti A Robertson
1.4.
Re: New iPhone From: Jim Saklad
1.5.
Re: New iPhone From: Patti A Robertson
2a.
Re: Over the Air Upgrade From: sandymay1987@rogers.com
2b.
Re: Over the Air Upgrade From: MD
3a.
Re: Album Art missing on iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, iTunes 10.6 From: steveyue
3b.
Re: Album Art missing on iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, iTunes 10.6 From: steveyue
3c.
Re: Album Art missing on iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, iTunes 10.6 From: Gmail
4a.
Security From: Allan
4b.
Re: Security From: Brent
5a.
What takes up space? From: Carol Corley
5b.
Re: What takes up space? From: Chris Laarman
6a.
Re: iOS 5.1 and the iPhone 3GS From: missladybee
7a.
Re: My 4S on ATT 4G LTE network with ios 5.1 From: Jay Abraham
7b.
Re: My 4S on ATT 4G LTE network with ios 5.1 From: Gmail
7c.
Re: My 4S on ATT 4G LTE network with ios 5.1 From: Jim Saklad
7d.
Re: My 4S on ATT 4G LTE network with ios 5.1 From: Jim Saklad
8.
Does 5.1 update really solve the battery problem? From: Yuri
9a.
Re: In the mail From: Gmail
9b.
Re: In the mail From: BC
9c.
Re: In the mail From: Gmail
10a.
Re: iPhone User Guide for iOS 5.1 Software From: Gmail

Messages

1.1.

New iPhone

Posted by: "Patti A Robertson" pattiandken@charter.net   parpiano

Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:27 am (PST)



Hi all -

We bought my husband an iphone - I've had one for years, but this is his first - and after 6 months we are trying to sync it with our computer, which also has been synced to my iphone, and we are given two choices:

restore from the backup of iphone - which would be mine - not a good choice!

or set up as new iphone - which I'm not sure whether his data, as in calendar, contacts and photos - will get saved to the computer or not, and we certainly don't want them deleted!

Can anyone tell me how to sync his iphone without losing the data we want to save?

Thanks!

Patti

1.2.

Re: New iPhone

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:24 am (PST)




On Mar 9, 2012, at 11:01 PM, Patti A Robertson wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> We bought my husband an iphone - I've had one for years, but this is his first - and after 6 months we are trying to sync it with our computer, which also has been synced to my iphone, and we are given two choices:
>
> restore from the backup of iphone - which would be mine - not a good choice!
>
> or set up as new iphone - which I'm not sure whether his data, as in calendar, contacts and photos - will get saved to the computer or not, and we certainly don't want them deleted!
>
> Can anyone tell me how to sync his iphone without losing the data we want to save?

Assuming that you do not want both to be identical:

If your iPhone does not already have a profile name like Patti's iPhone when connected to iTunes, change the profile name to something like that.

Then connect your husband's iPhone and select "set up as new iPhone" and name it Hubby's iPhone. iTunes will take care of the rest.

iTunes does not save the photos to the computer. You will have to use something else to move the photos over, but that is Mac or PC specific.

Brent

1.3.

Re: New iPhone

Posted by: "Patti A Robertson" pattiandken@charter.net   parpiano

Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:47 pm (PST)



Thanks for the info.

More below:

On Mar 10, 2012, at 8:42 AM, N.A. Nada wrote:

>
> On Mar 9, 2012, at 11:01 PM, Patti A Robertson wrote:
>
> > Hi all -
> >
> > We bought my husband an iphone - I've had one for years, but this is his first - and after 6 months we are trying to sync it with our computer, which also has been synced to my iphone, and we are given two choices:
> >
> > restore from the backup of iphone - which would be mine - not a good choice!
> >
> > or set up as new iphone - which I'm not sure whether his data, as in calendar, contacts and photos - will get saved to the computer or not, and we certainly don't want them deleted!
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to sync his iphone without losing the data we want to save?
>
> Assuming that you do not want both to be identical:
>

The only thing that really needs to be different is the contacts list - am not sure how to keep his separate from mine.
>
> If your iPhone does not already have a profile name like Patti's iPhone when connected to iTunes, change the profile name to something like that.
>
> Then connect your husband's iPhone and select "set up as new iPhone" and name it Hubby's iPhone. iTunes will take care of the rest.
>
> iTunes does not save the photos to the computer. You will have to use something else to move the photos over, but that is Mac or PC specific.
>

Yes, I already know how to manage the photos. Took care of that last night. Ejected iphone of hubby when I got to the point of not knowing what to do next.

Any thoughts on the contacts issue? Will setting up as new phone take care of that?

Patti

>
> Brent
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1.4.

Re: New iPhone

Posted by: "Jim Saklad" jimdoc@me.com   jimdoc01

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:18 pm (PST)



> We bought my husband an iphone - I've had one for years, but this is his first - and after 6 months we are trying to sync it with our computer, which also has been synced to my iphone, and we are given two choices

Ummm.
He's had his iPhone for 6 months, and it has NEVER been connected to iTunes?

1.5.

Re: New iPhone

Posted by: "Patti A Robertson" pattiandken@charter.net   parpiano

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:49 pm (PST)



yup - never needed to before now! I sync mine rarely, but once every few months, anyway!

On Mar 10, 2012, at 5:02 PM, Jim Saklad wrote:

> > We bought my husband an iphone - I've had one for years, but this is his first - and after 6 months we are trying to sync it with our computer, which also has been synced to my iphone, and we are given two choices
>
> Ummm.
> He's had his iPhone for 6 months, and it has NEVER been connected to iTunes?
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2a.

Re: Over the Air Upgrade

Posted by: "sandymay1987@rogers.com" sandymay1987@rogers.com   sandymay1987@rogers.com

Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:44 am (PST)



I updated both my iPhone and iPad over the iTunes on a pc, and it took about 5 minutes each....must have something to do with the time of day, connection speed etc.
-Sandy in Ontario

________________________________
From: "whiterabbit32@gmail.com" <whiterabbit32@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2012 2:16:28 AM
Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] Re: Over the Air Upgrade


 
I had plugged my iPhone 4 via cord into my iMac and started the 5.1 upgrade. iTunes said 2 hours. 2 hours? I wasn't about to wait 2 hours for my iPhone, the only phone I have. I stopped the upgrade and did it wifi. 20 min later the upgrade was done. For whatever reason wifi was faster. I've never seen this before.

Alice

Sent from my iPhone 4

On Mar 9, 2012, at 4:35 PM, nztour <nztour@socal.rr.com> wrote:

> While I didn't use a stopwatch, I'd say about 20-25mins from start to
> reboot using WiFi via extended network (airport extreme) and Time Warner cable.

2b.

Re: Over the Air Upgrade

Posted by: "MD" mickeydoyle13@gmail.com   mdoyle13

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:58 am (PST)



I updated my 4S via iTunes the first night the update was available. I did it late night and it took about 18-20 minutes. My wife updated her 4 via wifi last night and it took about the same time or maybe a bit quicker. No problems for either.

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, sandymay1987@... wrote:
>
> I updated both my iPhone and iPad over the iTunes on a pc, and it took about 5 minutes each....must have something to do with the time of day, connection speed etc.
> -Sandy in Ontario
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: "whiterabbit32@..." <whiterabbit32@...>
> Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2012 2:16:28 AM
> Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] Re: Over the Air Upgrade
>
>
>  
> I had plugged my iPhone 4 via cord into my iMac and started the 5.1 upgrade. iTunes said 2 hours. 2 hours? I wasn't about to wait 2 hours for my iPhone, the only phone I have. I stopped the upgrade and did it wifi. 20 min later the upgrade was done. For whatever reason wifi was faster. I've never seen this before.
>
> Alice
>
> Sent from my iPhone 4
>
> On Mar 9, 2012, at 4:35 PM, nztour <nztour@...> wrote:
>
> > While I didn't use a stopwatch, I'd say about 20-25mins from start to
> > reboot using WiFi via extended network (airport extreme) and Time Warner cable.
>

3a.

Re: Album Art missing on iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, iTunes 10.6

Posted by: "steveyue" steveyue@yahoo.com   steveyue

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:23 am (PST)



Thanks for your reply Alice but all of the Album Art covers are in iTunes, they're just not all in the phone (a few of the covers are in the phone- but I'd like to have all of the album covers in the phone.

When I tried your suggestion, I couldn't figure out how to drag out the art.

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, whiterabbit32@... wrote:
>
> Have tried pulling up the info on some of the albums and checking to see if the album art is actually there? If it's there, drag out the album art close the get info, open the get info and put the art back. If the album art isn't there, you can search for the art on Amazon. I get a lot of album and movie/tv art from Amazon.
>
> Alice
>
> Sent from my iPhone 4
>
> On Mar 9, 2012, at 2:25 PM, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@...> wrote:
>
> > I thought you were talking about all album art.
> >
> > If only some is missing, then I would guess you had to supply some album art for iTunes because of a bad tag, and that the syncing software is not set up to move it to your device.
> >
> > On Mar 9, 2012, at 1:54 PM, steveyue wrote:
> >
> > > same - most album art still missing :-((
> > >
> > > --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On Mar 9, 2012, at 10:50 AM, steveyue wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > I thought iOS 5.1 would fix my missing Album Art but alas, all Album covers still, as always, appear in iTunes but not on iPhone 4S. There are a few Album covers on iPhone, but not many.
> > > > >
> > > > > I was told to uninstall iTunes from desktop and reinstall but I've had such negative experiences dealing with iTunes, I'm afraid to do this.
> > > > >
> > > > > Any ideas to help me get Album Art onto new iPhone?
> > > >
> > > > Have you tried turning your iPhone 90 degrees?
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

3b.

Re: Album Art missing on iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, iTunes 10.6

Posted by: "steveyue" steveyue@yahoo.com   steveyue

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:57 am (PST)



OMG - a relatively simple solution that worked: Restore iPhone to its original settings.
Now I get to go thru setting up apps, email, calendars, wi-fi etc. but at least I have my have my album art and now when driving I can just glance at covers and see what song to play.

My clue was that all art was appearing in iTunes so the problem seemed to be in my phone.

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "steveyue" <steveyue@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your reply Alice but all of the Album Art covers are in iTunes, they're just not all in the phone (a few of the covers are in the phone- but I'd like to have all of the album covers in the phone.
>
> When I tried your suggestion, I couldn't figure out how to drag out the art.
>
> --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, whiterabbit32@ wrote:
> >
> > Have tried pulling up the info on some of the albums and checking to see if the album art is actually there? If it's there, drag out the album art close the get info, open the get info and put the art back. If the album art isn't there, you can search for the art on Amazon. I get a lot of album and movie/tv art from Amazon.
> >
> > Alice
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone 4
> >
> > On Mar 9, 2012, at 2:25 PM, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@> wrote:
> >
> > > I thought you were talking about all album art.
> > >
> > > If only some is missing, then I would guess you had to supply some album art for iTunes because of a bad tag, and that the syncing software is not set up to move it to your device.
> > >
> > > On Mar 9, 2012, at 1:54 PM, steveyue wrote:
> > >
> > > > same - most album art still missing :-((
> > > >
> > > > --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > On Mar 9, 2012, at 10:50 AM, steveyue wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > I thought iOS 5.1 would fix my missing Album Art but alas, all Album covers still, as always, appear in iTunes but not on iPhone 4S. There are a few Album covers on iPhone, but not many.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I was told to uninstall iTunes from desktop and reinstall but I've had such negative experiences dealing with iTunes, I'm afraid to do this.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Any ideas to help me get Album Art onto new iPhone?
> > > > >
> > > > > Have you tried turning your iPhone 90 degrees?
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

3c.

Re: Album Art missing on iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, iTunes 10.6

Posted by: "Gmail" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:01 pm (PST)



Great solution. Never thought of that :-)

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 10, 2012, at 11:52 AM, "steveyue" <steveyue@yahoo.com> wrote:

> OMG - a relatively simple solution that worked: Restore iPhone to its original settings.
> Now I get to go thru setting up apps, email, calendars, wi-fi etc. but at least I have my have my album art and now when driving I can just glance at covers and see what song to play.
>
> My clue was that all art was appearing in iTunes so the problem seemed to be in my phone.
>
> --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "steveyue" <steveyue@...> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your reply Alice but all of the Album Art covers are in iTunes, they're just not all in the phone (a few of the covers are in the phone- but I'd like to have all of the album covers in the phone.
> >
> > When I tried your suggestion, I couldn't figure out how to drag out the art.
> >
> > --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, whiterabbit32@ wrote:
> > >
> > > Have tried pulling up the info on some of the albums and checking to see if the album art is actually there? If it's there, drag out the album art close the get info, open the get info and put the art back. If the album art isn't there, you can search for the art on Amazon. I get a lot of album and movie/tv art from Amazon.
> > >
> > > Alice
> > >
> > > Sent from my iPhone 4
> > >
> > > On Mar 9, 2012, at 2:25 PM, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@> wrote:
> > >
> > > > I thought you were talking about all album art.
> > > >
> > > > If only some is missing, then I would guess you had to supply some album art for iTunes because of a bad tag, and that the syncing software is not set up to move it to your device.
> > > >
> > > > On Mar 9, 2012, at 1:54 PM, steveyue wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > same - most album art still missing :-((
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > On Mar 9, 2012, at 10:50 AM, steveyue wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > I thought iOS 5.1 would fix my missing Album Art but alas, all Album covers still, as always, appear in iTunes but not on iPhone 4S. There are a few Album covers on iPhone, but not many.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I was told to uninstall iTunes from desktop and reinstall but I've had such negative experiences dealing with iTunes, I'm afraid to do this.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Any ideas to help me get Album Art onto new iPhone?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Have you tried turning your iPhone 90 degrees?
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

4a.

Security

Posted by: "Allan" aaunkst@gmail.com   tama.drummer62

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:31 am (PST)



So it looks as if now that the camera icon is on the lock screen you can get around the 4 digit security code that keeps all your stuff private.

All you need to do is open up to the camera then go to camera roll then you can get to all the other icons .

Email sent by iphone 4 👀

4b.

Re: Security

Posted by: "Brent" flapdoodle@gmail.com   flapdoodle44

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:34 am (PST)



That won't work on my phone. When I open the camera roll I get a popup that
says the phone is locked.

On Saturday, March 10, 2012, Allan <aaunkst@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> So it looks as if now that the camera icon is on the lock screen you can
get around the 4 digit security code that keeps all your stuff private.
>
> All you need to do is open up to the camera then go to camera roll then
you can get to all the other icons .
>
> Email sent by iphone 4 👀
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

5a.

What takes up space?

Posted by: "Carol Corley" floridabouvs@gmail.com   floridabouvs

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:44 am (PST)



I have the iPhone 4 and iPad 2, both 32G, and I have used about 8G so far.
I am thinking about getting the new iPad and handing my 2 down to my
husband, but not sure whether I'm better getting the 32G again.
What takes up the most space? I have very little music on it but do use it
for photos, buy lots of apps, and read lots of books.
If my husband doesn't want it, any idea what a 32G wi-fi iPad 2 in great
condition would sell for? Or where one would sell it? Ebay, any other
options?
Thanks,
Carol

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

5b.

Re: What takes up space?

Posted by: "Chris Laarman" v.c.laarman@gmail.com   chrislaarman

Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:45 pm (PST)



Carol Corley <floridabouvs@gmail.com> on Sat, 10 Mar 2012 14:36:11
-0500:

>I have the iPhone 4 and iPad 2, both 32G, and I have used about 8G so far.
>I am thinking about getting the new iPad and handing my 2 down to my
>husband, but not sure whether I'm better getting the 32G again.
>What takes up the most space? I have very little music on it but do use it
>for photos, buy lots of apps, and read lots of books.

In Settings | General | Usage | Storage you can see the space taken by
an app. Press the associated ">" to see the division across program
and data.

iTunes has a cumulative graphical rendition of the memory space used.

--
Chris Laarman

6a.

Re: iOS 5.1 and the iPhone 3GS

Posted by: "missladybee" beadedimages@earthlink.net   missladybee

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:58 pm (PST)



I have the latest iTunes installed (10.6) and I am as up to date as I can be with my SL (OS 10.6.8). With WiFi I tried through the General Settings>Software Upgrade on both devices (iPhone 4S & iPad (1). The ball kept spinning until the message " Unable to Check for Upgrade ... An error occurred while checking for the software update ... Cancel or Try Again" came up.

Next I tried connecting my iPad to my iMac 10.6.8, opened iTunes, clicked to download iOS 5.1 and got this message: "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPad. The network connection could not be established." I followed the troubleshooting instructions on the Apple website and found I was still unable to download on either my iPad or iPhone 4S.

My DSL and WiFi seem to be working as they should.

If I wait several days then try again, do you think this will resolve the download problem I am experiencing, or is there something else going on here that I need to be aware of?

Barbara E

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, Jim Showalter <jshowalt@...> wrote:
>
> On Mar 8, 2012, at 3:31 PM, Jim Showalter wrote:
> My iPhone is 3GS. I gave up trying to download and install the 5.1 update, even after upgrading iTunes to 10.6, due to the "contacting the software update server..." forever.
> Interestingly, I noticed that the Settings icon on my 5.0.1 3GS showed a number badge with 1 in it, so I went into Settings > General > Software Update and clicked to update.
> It took about 15 minutes to update my 3GS iPhone to 5.1.
>
> It looks to me like the new method of updating iPhone software is less disruptive than the old way, which erased the iPhone and restored it after the install. Settings > General > About shows Version is 5.1, but I still see 3G rather than 4G when I'm off wifi.
>
> Holding my breath.
>
> >
> > On Mar 8, 2012, at 2:53 PM, Paul Deyo wrote:
> >
> >> does the same thing. just sits there and says "contacting the software update server". Left it all night last nite and nothing. Also does the same thing when trying wifi.
> >
> >
> > I had the same problem 3 times last night and so far 3 times today. My only surmise is that the servers are overloaded. Still waiting here
> >
> >
>
>
>
> >>
> >> On Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM, David Morganstein wrote:
> >>
> >>>
> >>> Try again. Try downloading only, then install.
> >>>
> >>> David
> >>>
> >>> On Mar 8, 2012, at 5:28 PM, Paul Deyo <paul.deyo@... (mailto:paul.deyo%40gmail.com)> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> I upgraded my 4g phone but I my iPad 2 will not update for some reason.
> >>>>
> >>>> --
> >>>>
> >>>> On Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM, N.A. Nada wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> It is awfully quite here and other Apple lists, after an Apple Keynote with a hardware and software upgrades revealed.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Has anyone upgraded a iPhone 3GS to iOS 5.1, yet?
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Being that it is at the lowest iPhone eligible for the upgrade, and I am not in a position to upgrade the iPhone, I am being extra cautious. And other than one 4S user upgrading, I have seen no posts on iOS 5.1 from a user.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Brent
>

7a.

Re: My 4S on ATT 4G LTE network with ios 5.1

Posted by: "Jay Abraham" jaygroups@abrahamgroup.net   kerala01212001

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:10 pm (PST)



The ITU has said that HSPA+ counts as IMT advanced which is why AT&T can advertise 4G. HSPA+ is faster than the Verizon and Sprint 3G networks. It is not as fast as the new LTE networks.

Jay

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 9, 2012, at 12:13 PM, Jim Saklad <jimdoc@me.com> wrote:

> In 2009, the ITU-R organization specified the IMT-Advanced requirements for 4G standards, setting peak speed requirements for 4G service at 100 Mbit/s for high mobility communication (such as from trains and cars) and 1 Gbit/s for low mobility communication (such as pedestrians and stationary users).
>
> Nobody in the USA (I don't know about international) is getting true 4G speeds from cellular technology at this time.

7b.

Re: My 4S on ATT 4G LTE network with ios 5.1

Posted by: "Gmail" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:12 pm (PST)



Still, I consider it false advertising to advertise as 4G when it really isn't. It's the same as AT&T saying I have "unlimited" data when they throttle at 3GB. It's not really unlimited.

\
\ /\
( )
.( ). Alice

On Mar 10, 2012, at 5:09 PM, Jay Abraham <jaygroups@abrahamgroup.net> wrote:

> The ITU has said that HSPA+ counts as IMT advanced which is why AT&T can advertise 4G. HSPA+ is faster than the Verizon and Sprint 3G networks. It is not as fast as the new LTE networks.
>
> Jay
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Mar 9, 2012, at 12:13 PM, Jim Saklad <jimdoc@me.com> wrote:
>
> > In 2009, the ITU-R organization specified the IMT-Advanced requirements for 4G standards, setting peak speed requirements for 4G service at 100 Mbit/s for high mobility communication (such as from trains and cars) and 1 Gbit/s for low mobility communication (such as pedestrians and stationary users).
> >
> > Nobody in the USA (I don't know about international) is getting true 4G speeds from cellular technology at this time.
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

7c.

Re: My 4S on ATT 4G LTE network with ios 5.1

Posted by: "Jim Saklad" jimdoc@me.com   jimdoc01

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:31 pm (PST)



> Still, I consider it false advertising to advertise as 4G when it really isn't.

I agree.

> It's the same as AT&T saying I have "unlimited" data when they throttle at 3GB.

No, it's not.

> It's not really unlimited.

It never was truly unlimited. There has always been only so many seconds in a billing month, and download speeds have always been limited by the technology (i.e., not infinite). The product of those two numbers, time and speed, is a *limited* quantity.

In accordance with the contract you (and I) agreed to with our carriers, under certain circumstances, they can further limit the speed of download to a lower level.

You are not required to LIKE the contract you agreed to.

Where you are when you try to connect can also limit your speed to a lower level.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@me.com

7d.

Re: My 4S on ATT 4G LTE network with ios 5.1

Posted by: "Jim Saklad" jimdoc@me.com   jimdoc01

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:32 pm (PST)



> The ITU has said that HSPA+ counts as IMT advanced which is why AT&T can advertise 4G.

I think you mis-read something.
They are now accepting some current technologies under "4G".

"Counting HSPA+ as IMT advanced" would be the equivalent of saying "CDMA is GSM".
They are different hardware and logical technologies, and irreducibly *not* equivalent.

HSPA+ is *not* IMT advanced

> HSPA+ is faster than the Verizon and Sprint 3G networks. It is not as fast as the new LTE networks.
> Jay

And IMT-Advanced >> "LTE" > HSPA+

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@me.com

8.

Does 5.1 update really solve the battery problem?

Posted by: "Yuri" yuriluvsu@yahoo.com   yuriluvsu

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:19 pm (PST)



I updated my ip4S yesterday, after a day of observation, i found out my battery drains faster than before (5.0.1). Does anyone have the same observation?

Sent from my iPad

9a.

Re: In the mail

Posted by: "Gmail" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:39 pm (PST)



Congrats! Iam. The only email I received from Apple was my confirmation that my new iPad order has gone through. I have yet to receive an email that my iPad has been shipped.

\
\ /\
( )
.( ). Alice

On Mar 9, 2012, at 5:27 AM, Iam Noone <iphone@bill-crawford.com> wrote:

> I just got a confirmation email from Apple that my new iPad has been shipped from China. Hurray!
>
> Sent from my iPhone 4S w/iOS5.0.1 
>
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

9b.

Re: In the mail

Posted by: "BC" iphone@bill-crawford.com   whcraw5

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:34 pm (PST)



Further checking shows my new iPad 3 is sitting in Louisville KY UPS distribution center this morning. That's normally a one day jump to my address but I guess it will sit there until Fridays shipment day. It passed thru Anchorage AK yesterday.

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 10, 2012, at 8:39 PM, Gmail <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congrats! Iam. The only email I received from Apple was my confirmation that my new iPad order has gone through. I have yet to receive an email that my iPad has been shipped.
>
> \
> \ /\
> ( )
> .( ). Alice
>
> On Mar 9, 2012, at 5:27 AM, Iam Noone <iphone@bill-crawford.com> wrote:
>
>> I just got a confirmation email from Apple that my new iPad has been shipped from China. Hurray!
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone 4S w/iOS5.0.1 
>>
>>>
>>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

9c.

Re: In the mail

Posted by: "Gmail" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:00 pm (PST)



According to the Apple order page, my iPad is being prepared for shipping. My order receipt says it'll be here by March 16. So we'll see.

\
\ /\
( )
.( ). Alice

On Mar 10, 2012, at 5:56 PM, BC <iphone@bill-crawford.com> wrote:

> Further checking shows my new iPad 3 is sitting in Louisville KY UPS distribution center this morning. That's normally a one day jump to my address but I guess it will sit there until Fridays shipment day. It passed thru Anchorage AK yesterday.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Mar 10, 2012, at 8:39 PM, Gmail <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Congrats! Iam. The only email I received from Apple was my confirmation that my new iPad order has gone through. I have yet to receive an email that my iPad has been shipped.
> >
> > \
> > \ /\
> > ( )
> > .( ). Alice
> >
> > On Mar 9, 2012, at 5:27 AM, Iam Noone <iphone@bill-crawford.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I just got a confirmation email from Apple that my new iPad has been shipped from China. Hurray!
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPhone 4S w/iOS5.0.1 
> >>
> >>>
> >>
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

10a.

Re: iPhone User Guide for iOS 5.1 Software

Posted by: "Gmail" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:40 pm (PST)



Thanks for the link to the 5.1 user guide. I keep my pdf's on my iPad.

\
\ /\
( )
.( ). Alice

On Mar 9, 2012, at 8:24 AM, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@comcast.net> wrote:

> I looked the evening after the Keynote, but could not find the PDF version, only iBooks & Safari versions. The later two being a pain to read on an iPhone.
>
> I wish Apple would release a Mac version of iBooks, since an iPad will be beyond my budget for the foreseeable future.
>
> Brent
>
> On Mar 9, 2012, at 7:38 AM, Sue O'Dwyer wrote:
>
> > It is also in iBooks.
> >
> > Sue 
> >
> > Sent from my  iPhone 4  powered by AT&T
> >
> >
> > On Mar 9, 2012, at 6:50 AM, Brent <flapdoodle@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The User Guide for iOS 5.1 can be found here:
> > >
> > > http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Yahoo! Groups

Dog Group

Connect and share with

dog owners like you

Y! Messenger

Want a quick chat?

Chat over IM with

group members.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web