10/17/2011

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2716

Messages In This Digest (6 Messages)

1a.
Re: WiFi Scanner App From: Jim Showalter
2a.
Re: Facetime Icon Missing in action From: Vishal Sheth
3a.
Re: Sooo... who's got the 4S, and how good is it? From: Jim Showalter
4a.
Re: Cases for 4s vs 4 From: Bob Stern
5.
Restore my iPhone - The Process From: Michael Moloney
6a.
Re: iPhone 4S no 3G turn off? From: Bill Boulware

Messages

1a.

Re: WiFi Scanner App

Posted by: "Jim Showalter" jshowalt@mindspring.com   jshowalt94127

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:35 pm (PDT)



WiFiTrak shows all of the wifi signals around me. It is very helpful when my wifi access goes bad to check to see which neighbor has turned on their wifi router using the same channel that I am on, which causes disruption. It also shows those who are using a channel next to mine. It is really necessary for working out wifi channel conflicts. If you're not having wifi conflict problems, then it is useless to you. If you are having wifi conflicts, it is an essential app.

On Oct 16, 2011, at 4:50 PM, Alice Saunders wrote:

> Hmmm.....do I want to know what wifi signals are around me that are locked? No, I wouldn't be able to use them. Free wifi finder tells me which places have free wifi and will give directions to those places so I can use it. It's really all I need. Beggars can't be choosy when it comes to free wifi :-)
>
> Alice
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Oct 16, 2011, at 9:56 AM, Brent <flapdoodle@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Kate, That is no the same thing. A scanner would show what WiFi signals the
>> phone was hearing around you, how strong they were and if they were locked
>> or not.
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Kate Klein <kate@cholulared.com> wrote:
>>
>>> **
>>>
>>>
>>> I'm using an app called Free Wifi locater on my 4s, works fine.
>>>
>>> Kate
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

2a.

Re: Facetime Icon Missing in action

Posted by: "Vishal Sheth" vusheth@gmail.com   vusheth

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:35 pm (PDT)



Go to contacts under settings, you'll see a facetime on/off option. Turn it on and you'll be able to facetime. On my friends also there's no facetime icon.
Vishal Sheth

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Boulware <bill.boulware@gmail.com>
Sender: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 16:38:58
To: <apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com>
Reply-To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] Re: Facetime Icon Missing in action

Hrm, I had one on my iPhone 4 and have one on iPad 2 but I guess they
integrated it into contacts/phone/etc.

FWIW, iTunes Match (beta/developer access) is not working on the final
versions of iOS and the 4S. There are also several bugs - one is if you are
playing a podcast, audiobook, etc at 2x speed and you get a call, when the
call is over it resumes playing but at 1x speed. There are at least a dozen
small things that I have noticed have not been fixed from the betas. Not to
mention the new "Features" that are annoying - separating Audio & Video from
the single "iPod" app on the iPhone. Making Audiobooks, Podcasts, etc
tougher to access on the iPad, etc.

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 16:29, Roger P. Davis <rpd8colorado@aol.com> wrote:

> I have one on my iPad but not on my iPhone 4S. I thought it used to be
> there. Anyone tell me if I'm right?
>
>
>
> Sent from my 3G 64GB iPad 2 Running iOS 5.0
>
> On Oct 16, 2011, at 2:18 PM, "TERRY" <tccox@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "TERRY" <tccox@...> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmmmm, the Facetime icon seems to have Disappeared from my new Iphone
> 4S. It still works when someone calls me but the icon is just gone. And yes
> in settings, Facetime it is turned on. Any ideas ????>
> >
> > Oops never mind. You access facetime on a Iphone through contacts. I
> guess theres not supposed to be a separate icon
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3a.

Re: Sooo... who's got the 4S, and how good is it?

Posted by: "Jim Showalter" jshowalt@mindspring.com   jshowalt94127

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:36 pm (PDT)




On Oct 16, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Alice Saunders wrote:

> If rumors are right and a new iPhone comes out anytime between March and June of next year, I don't know if you'll be eligible for the upgrade. I will be eligible for an iPhone upgrade Feb 1. That's close enough to a new one coming out for me to wait and see what the new one will be and if it's going to be worth the upgrade.
>

Where have you heard those rumors? I have seen nothing like that on this list.

4a.

Re: Cases for 4s vs 4

Posted by: "Bob Stern" bobbystar@yahoo.com   nautilua

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:42 pm (PDT)



I had a work supplied I4 that I had to return in August.  I purchased another I4 in September and used the same bumper. The mute button on the new phone is lower and the volume buttons are slightly lower.

I don't know if it matters but the first phone was on the AT&T system and the new phone is on Verizon.

BTW, the AT&T phone was much, much faster using the web.

Bobby

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

5.

Restore my iPhone - The Process

Posted by: "Michael Moloney" Michael.Moloney@gmail.com   moloney_mj

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:53 pm (PDT)



Hi there,

Help please. My iphone contacts are gone. So I guess I need to do a
restore, is that right? How do I go about this? What is the easiest
process?

Thanks.

Regards,

Michael Moloney using IOS 5

Email: michael.moloney@gmail.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

6a.

Re: iPhone 4S no 3G turn off?

Posted by: "Bill Boulware" bill.boulware@gmail.com   boulware0224

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:00 pm (PDT)



Correct it is either cell on or off no longer 3G

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 16, 2011, at 10:31 PM, Rodrigo <yid_grps@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I´ve just found out that the iphone 4S has no option to turn off the 3G network
>
> Those who own it could confirm that to me please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rod
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Messenger

Want a quick chat?

Chat over IM with

group members.

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Own a business?

Connect with others.

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Tips for a happy,

healthy home

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.