10/18/2011

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1161

Messages In This Digest (8 Messages)

1a.
looking for an ap From: Kate Kremann
1b.
Re: looking for an ap From: Marc
2a.
ios 5 failure IPod Touch From: E J
2b.
Re: ios 5 failure IPod Touch From: Neal Jacob
2c.
Re: ios 5 failure IPod Touch From: Sue
2d.
Re: ios 5 failure IPod Touch From: Neal Jacob
2e.
Re: ios 5 failure IPod Touch From: Pat Reynolds
3a.
Re: Can't update my ipod touch 3rd.. Help ! From: Micha Bailey

Messages

1a.

looking for an ap

Posted by: "Kate Kremann" haystamper@yahoo.com   HAYstamper

Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:58 am (PDT)



I need to be able to know the date a certain number of days from today, or from another day.  For example, I would like to know the date that is 180 days before Oct 1, 2011 or 190 days after Oct 1, 2011.  Or any other date or number of days.
Any one know of an ap for that?
thanks in advance
kate in Baltimore
1b.

Re: looking for an ap

Posted by: "Marc" machinehead@inbox.com   lectrichead1

Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:46 am (PDT)



There's a number of them, here's a few;

"DaysFrom Date Calculator", 99 cents.
http://www.appolicious.com/tech/apps/60673-daysfrom-date-calculator-qd-ideas-llc

"Dayzs to date", free.
http://www.appolicious.com/tech/apps/806874-days-to-date-fjapps

"Date Calculator", free.
http://appfinder.lisisoft.com/app/date-calculator-d-day.html

On 10/17/2011 9:48 AM, Kate Kremann wrote:
> I need to be able to know the date a certain number of days from today, or
> from another day. For example, I would like to know the date that is 180
> days before Oct 1, 2011 or 190 days after Oct 1, 2011. Or any other date or
> number of days.
> Any one know of an ap for that?
> thanks in advance
> kate in Baltimore
>

2a.

ios 5 failure IPod Touch

Posted by: "E J" ernie@dreamfieldassociates.com   ernierudolph

Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:28 am (PDT)



After setting up my IPod Touch to update to IOS 5, I left for several hours and came back to find a failure to restore 1611.
Nothing works. Windows says unidentified USB device on computer. What now?

2b.

Re: ios 5 failure IPod Touch

Posted by: "Neal Jacob" nhjacob@gmail.com   on_the_rhode

Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:45 am (PDT)



I got the same error. I'm glad that I'm not the only one. :)

Do a Google search on the error (that's what I did) for more info. I ended
up plugging the sync cable into a USB port that was directly on the PC (vs.
a port on a hub) and this resolved the issue.

-Neal

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:29 PM, E J <ernie@dreamfieldassociates.com> wrote:

> After setting up my IPod Touch to update to IOS 5, I left for several hours
> and came back to find a failure to restore 1611.
> Nothing works. Windows says unidentified USB device on computer. What now?
>
2c.

Re: ios 5 failure IPod Touch

Posted by: "Sue" siwriter@si.rr.com   writefrmtheheart

Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:45 am (PDT)



Are you sure your iPod is compatible with iOS? only the 3rd and 4th generation models are, and the 8GB 3rd Gen model is NOT compatible.

From: E J
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 9:29 PM
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [the_ipod_group] ios 5 failure IPod Touch

After setting up my IPod Touch to update to IOS 5, I left for several hours and came back to find a failure to restore 1611.
Nothing works. Windows says unidentified USB device on computer. What now?

2d.

Re: ios 5 failure IPod Touch

Posted by: "Neal Jacob" nhjacob@gmail.com   on_the_rhode

Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:56 am (PDT)



I got the error with a 32GB 4G. The error (according to Apple Support) is a
USB error. Just plug the sync cable into another USB port (preferably one
not connected to a hub) and that should resolve the issue.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:38 AM, Sue <siwriter@si.rr.com> wrote:

> Are you sure your iPod is compatible with iOS? only the 3rd and 4th
> generation models are, and the 8GB 3rd Gen model is NOT compatible.
2e.

Re: ios 5 failure IPod Touch

Posted by: "Pat Reynolds" reynolds1680@gmail.com   reynolds1680

Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:27 am (PDT)



Was your Itunes on your computer updated to I think it is 10.1. I noticed
that was a requirement for IOS 5.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:29 PM, E J <ernie@dreamfieldassociates.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> After setting up my IPod Touch to update to IOS 5, I left for several hours
> and came back to find a failure to restore 1611.
> Nothing works. Windows says unidentified USB device on computer. What now?
>
>
>

--
Visit my new blog http://flowersunworld.blogspot.com/
3a.

Re: Can't update my ipod touch 3rd.. Help !

Posted by: "Micha Bailey" michabailey@gmail.com   michabaileychild

Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:44 am (PDT)



Basically, when you "update", it's actually just doing a restore from
backup.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2011, at 4:13 AM, suzasstuff <suzasmessages@wi.rr.com> wrote:

I'm sorry I don't understand what this means... I updated my ipad 2 without
an any problem... but my ipod (3 gen)just won't update...

Can anyone help me????

Susi
--- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com, Micha Bailey <michabailey@...> wrote:
>
> The thing is, for some reason that I am not aware of, you cannot update to
> iOS 5 on any device -- an "update" to 5 is simply a restore plus recovery
> from a backup.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 16, 2011, at 11:27 AM, suzasstuff <suzasmessages@...> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> I was hoping that I could avoid a full restore...
>
> Susi
> --- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com, Leif Gregory <lgitouch@> wrote:
> >
> > When you get that error, you have two choices, cancel the update or to
> > continue. Provided you have a current synced backup made just go ahead
> > and continue. It will basically restore your iPhone to factory default
> > with the plus being that it'll be an iOS 5 factory default, then it'll
> > ask whether you want to set it up as a new iPhone or restore from back
> > up. Choose restore from backup.
> >
> > If you didn't have much music, apps, vids on there then it'll be
> > relatively quick. If you do, then go watch a movie cause it's going to
> > take a while to restore.
> >
> > --
> > Leif Gregory 
> > http://PowerWagonRegistry.org
> > http://TBCave.com
> >
> > On Oct 14, 2011, at 9:59 PM, suzasstuff <suzasmessages@> wrote:
> >
> > > I am having a problem updating my ipod touch 3rd gen... It starts to
> update and then I get this message..."An error occurred while backing up
> this ipod (-43)"
> > > What is the problem ??? What am I doing wrong ?? I am need someone to
> explain it simply, as I am not very knowledgeable on the subject...
> > > Thank you for your time...
> > >
> > > Susi
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Yahoo! News

Fashion News

What's the word on

fashion and style?

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.