10/22/2011

[macsupport] Digest Number 8505

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: how to recognize usb flash drive

Posted by: "OBrien" bco@hiwaay.net   conorboru

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:04 pm (PDT)



On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 22:13:03 -0400, titnaw titnaw wrote:
> yes thank you , When I go to finder I can see the usb drive..

I assume that you are referring to a "thumb" drive. You mean that when you plug the thumbdrive into your Mac it appears in the Finder and on the Desktop? If so, depending on what view your Finder is set for, click or double-click on the thumbdrive in the Finder, or on the Desktop to open it's directory. Does that answer your question?


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

O'Brien ––– –... .-. .. . -.
1b.

Re: how to recognize usb flash drive

Posted by: "Jim Saklad" jimdoc@me.com   jimdoc01

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:27 pm (PDT)



> When I go to finder I can see the USB drive. When I click finder it shows up in Devices. Where do I see preferences. I have applications, documents, downloads, Movies etc but I do not see preferences
> titnaw

When you are in the Finder (i.e., click on the "desktop" and the menu in the top left, next to the Apple, is "Finder"), the second item in the Finder menu is Preferences.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@me.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.