10/17/2011

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1160

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: IOS5 for 4th Gen Ipod touch

Posted by: "Pat Reynolds" reynolds1680@gmail.com   reynolds1680

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:25 am (PDT)



I got mine now too. I noticed when I went into it they said I was up to
date and I still clicked on the update button and sure enough it popped up
to get it. I'm glad I tried that or I still would not have it. I had no
problems whatsoever with it. All my contacts and everything was just
fine.

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 4:22 PM, reynolds1680 <reynolds1680@gmail.com>wrote:

> **
>
>
> I thought I saw a message someone posted that they have the upgrade on
> their 4th gen Ipod touch to IOS5... I thought we were supposed to get that
> early October, but it hasn't happened for mine yet. Has anyone else gotten
> it.
>
>
>

--
Visit my new blog http://flowersunworld.blogspot.com/
1b.

Re: IOS5 for 4th Gen Ipod touch

Posted by: "Bim Bousman" bim.bousman@yahoo.com   bim.bousman

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:06 am (PDT)



I downloaded it yesterday. October 14, I believe.

Bim B

sent from my UNIVAC computer

1c.

Re: IOS5 for 4th Gen Ipod touch

Posted by: "ETM" etm1935@gmail.com   etm1935

Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:29 pm (PDT)



I downloaded and installed today. No problems.

Elaine

Consider using your computer for technology:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/about_us/viewAboutUs.do

Hello Bim

On Sunday, October 16, 2011, you wrote

> I downloaded it yesterday. October 14, I believe.

> Bim B

> sent from my UNIVAC computer

2a.

Re: Can't update my ipod touch 3rd.. Help !

Posted by: "suzasstuff" suzasmessages@wi.rr.com   suzasstuff

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:13 pm (PDT)




I'm sorry I don't understand what this means... I updated my ipad 2 without an any problem... but my ipod (3 gen)just won't update...

Can anyone help me????

Susi
--- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com, Micha Bailey <michabailey@...> wrote:
>
> The thing is, for some reason that I am not aware of, you cannot update to
> iOS 5 on any device -- an "update" to 5 is simply a restore plus recovery
> from a backup.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 16, 2011, at 11:27 AM, suzasstuff <suzasmessages@...> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> I was hoping that I could avoid a full restore...
>
> Susi
> --- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com, Leif Gregory <lgitouch@> wrote:
> >
> > When you get that error, you have two choices, cancel the update or to
> > continue. Provided you have a current synced backup made just go ahead
> > and continue. It will basically restore your iPhone to factory default
> > with the plus being that it'll be an iOS 5 factory default, then it'll
> > ask whether you want to set it up as a new iPhone or restore from back
> > up. Choose restore from backup.
> >
> > If you didn't have much music, apps, vids on there then it'll be
> > relatively quick. If you do, then go watch a movie cause it's going to
> > take a while to restore.
> >
> > --
> > Leif Gregory 
> > http://PowerWagonRegistry.org
> > http://TBCave.com
> >
> > On Oct 14, 2011, at 9:59 PM, suzasstuff <suzasmessages@> wrote:
> >
> > > I am having a problem updating my ipod touch 3rd gen... It starts to
> update and then I get this message..."An error occurred while backing up
> this ipod (-43)"
> > > What is the problem ??? What am I doing wrong ?? I am need someone to
> explain it simply, as I am not very knowledgeable on the subject...
> > > Thank you for your time...
> > >
> > > Susi
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Yahoo! News

Fashion News

What's the word on

fashion and style?

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.