10/14/2011

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1157

Messages In This Digest (5 Messages)

Messages

1a.

New computer - Can I transfer what is on my niPod to iTunes

Posted by: "DON MILLER" cordgrass@bellsouth.net   cordgrass@bellsouth.net

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:58 pm (PDT)



Had to replace my PC because of a virus issue. I have downloaded iTunes to the
new PC.  Is there a way to transfer what is on the iPod back to iTunes on the
new PC?  No back up was made of what I now have on the iPod  because the virus
hit a an inappropriate time (as they always do). Or do I start from scratch?

Thanks,

Don
1b.

Re: New computer - Can I transfer what is on my niPod to iTunes

Posted by: "Michelle Ress" safoocat@live.com   safoocat

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:28 pm (PDT)




Purchase CopyTrans and that will get the files off your device then you can move them into iTunes.

Michelle Ress

To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com; ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com
From: cordgrass@bellsouth.net
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:03:09 -0700
Subject: [the_ipod_group] New computer - Can I transfer what is on my niPod to iTunes

Had to replace my PC because of a virus issue. I have downloaded iTunes to the new PC. Is there a way to transfer what is on the iPod back to iTunes on the new PC? No back up was made of what I now have on the iPod because the virus hit a an inappropriate time (as they always do). Or do I start from scratch?

Thanks,

Don

1c.

Re: New computer - Can I transfer what is on my niPod to iTunes

Posted by: "Michael Harvey" michael.harvey0@gmail.com   michael.harvey23

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:43 pm (PDT)



Or download a program called Iphone explore and connect ur ipod or iphone.
Once its open ur iphone or ipod will be displayed and click around in the
folders until u find a folder called ipod control. In that folder u will
find a folder named music which contains the music files. There is normally
10 folders named 000 to 010. Highlight all files (can only do one folder at
a fine) and drag to a new folder on desktop. Once all files are copied to
desktop folder u can close the iphone explorer and do the normal drag and
drop into itunes.

You will see in the folders songs with random 4 letter names.
On Oct 13, 2011 9:28 PM, "Michelle Ress" <safoocat@live.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> *
> *Purchase CopyTrans and that will get the files off your device then you
> can move them into iTunes.
>
> *Michelle Ress*
>
>
> ------------------------------
> To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com; ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com
> From: cordgrass@bellsouth.net
> Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:03:09 -0700
> Subject: [the_ipod_group] New computer - Can I transfer what is on my niPod
> to iTunes
>
>
>
> Had to replace my PC because of a virus issue. I have downloaded iTunes to
> the new PC. Is there a way to transfer what is on the iPod back to iTunes
> on the new PC? No back up was made of what I now have on the iPod because
> the virus hit a an inappropriate time (as they always do). Or do I start
> from scratch?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don
>
>
>
1d.

Re: New computer - Can I transfer what is on my niPod to iTunes

Posted by: "cunobelinus@mac.com" cunobelinus@mac.com   geraint_smith

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:13 am (PDT)



Or try reading the archive from last month. Thread on 19th/20th Sept called Syncing iPod.

On 14 Oct 2011, at 05:40, Michael Harvey wrote:

>
> Or download a program called Iphone explore and connect ur ipod or iphone. Once its open ur iphone or ipod will be displayed and click around in the folders until u find a folder called ipod control. In that folder u will find a folder named music which contains the music files. There is normally 10 folders named 000 to 010. Highlight all files (can only do one folder at a fine) and drag to a new folder on desktop. Once all files are copied to desktop folder u can close the iphone explorer and do the normal drag and drop into itunes.
>
> You will see in the folders songs with random 4 letter names.
>
> On Oct 13, 2011 9:28 PM, "Michelle Ress" <safoocat@live.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> Purchase CopyTrans and that will get the files off your device then you can move them into iTunes.
>
> Michelle Ress
>
>
> To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com; ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com
> From: cordgrass@bellsouth.net
> Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:03:09 -0700
> Subject: [the_ipod_group] New computer - Can I transfer what is on my niPod to iTunes
>
>
>
> Had to replace my PC because of a virus issue. I have downloaded iTunes to the new PC. Is there a way to transfer what is on the iPod back to iTunes on the new PC? No back up was made of what I now have on the iPod because the virus hit a an inappropriate time (as they always do). Or do I start from scratch?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don
>
>
>
>

1e.

Re: New computer - Can I transfer what is on my niPod to iTunes

Posted by: "ryan" ryanwaldon2002@gmail.com   ryanwaldon2002

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:15 am (PDT)



<http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/the_ipod_group/message/4759>

--ryan

--- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com, cunobelinus@... wrote:
>
> Or try reading the archive from last month. Thread on 19th/20th Sept called Syncing iPod.
>
> On 14 Oct 2011, at 05:40, Michael Harvey wrote:
>
> >
> > Or download a program called Iphone explore and connect ur ipod or iphone. Once its open ur iphone or ipod will be displayed and click around in the folders until u find a folder called ipod control. In that folder u will find a folder named music which contains the music files. There is normally 10 folders named 000 to 010. Highlight all files (can only do one folder at a fine) and drag to a new folder on desktop. Once all files are copied to desktop folder u can close the iphone explorer and do the normal drag and drop into itunes.
> >
> > You will see in the folders songs with random 4 letter names.
> >
> > On Oct 13, 2011 9:28 PM, "Michelle Ress" <safoocat@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > Purchase CopyTrans and that will get the files off your device then you can move them into iTunes.
> >
> > Michelle Ress
> >
> >
> > To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com; ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com
> > From: cordgrass@...
> > Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:03:09 -0700
> > Subject: [the_ipod_group] New computer - Can I transfer what is on my niPod to iTunes
> >
> >
> >
> > Had to replace my PC because of a virus issue. I have downloaded iTunes to the new PC. Is there a way to transfer what is on the iPod back to iTunes on the new PC? No back up was made of what I now have on the iPod because the virus hit a an inappropriate time (as they always do). Or do I start from scratch?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Don
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Get it all here

Breaking news to

entertainment news

Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.