10/15/2011

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1158

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

Messages

1.

CopyTrans options or just download iOS 5

Posted by: "Harry.KE6RJ" harry.ke6rj@gmail.com   samsradiohams

Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:46 pm (PDT)



I too have been struggling with my iPod 3G backup issues. iTunes either
hangs up or tells me (after it gets to 'Step 4 or 5 of 6" that it can
not back because the iPod backup utility or module is corrupted. Yes, I
upgraded to iTunes 10.5. So I too have been considering buying
CopyTrans. Now my question to the group: Being a tide-wad, do I need to
buy the "4 pack" for $39.96 modules or can I get by with just buying an
individual module for $20?
CopyTrans
CopyTrans Photo
CopyTrans TuneSwift
iLibs
Another option without first backing up would be downloading iOS 5.
However that may not be doable unless it makes a backup and sync first,
which my corrupted iPod V4.3.4 will no longer do. Yes, I bought Apple
Care. Have been for hours numerous times on the phone with them. Also
had twice Genius appointments in Apple stores.

Summery: Do I need to spend $40 bucks or will iOS 5 do it?

Harry in Big Bear, So. Cal.

2.

CopyTrans Options Addendum

Posted by: "Harry.KE6RJ" harry.ke6rj@gmail.com   samsradiohams

Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:46 pm (PDT)



There are more options than just the 4pack for $40.
CopyTrans for $20
CopyTrans Photo for $20
CopyTrans TuneSwift for $15 (transfeers, backs up and restores iTunes
libraries)
iLibs for $20
iCloner for $30
CopyTrans Doctor for $30 (repairs your iPod and finds lost songs)

Too many bloody decisions to make but it looks like I need to spring the
$30 for the CopyTrans Doctor to hopefully repair my corrupted iPod
backup utility.

Harry, Big Bear, So. CA

3a.

Can't update my ipod touch 3rd.. Help !

Posted by: "suzasstuff" suzasmessages@wi.rr.com   suzasstuff

Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:58 pm (PDT)



I am having a problem updating my ipod touch 3rd gen... It starts to update and then I get this message..."An error occurred while backing up this ipod (-43)"
What is the problem ??? What am I doing wrong ?? I am need someone to explain it simply, as I am not very knowledgeable on the subject...
Thank you for your time...

Susi

3b.

Re: Can't update my ipod touch 3rd.. Help !

Posted by: "Leif Gregory" lgitouch@gmail.com   ldgregory69

Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:54 am (PDT)



When you get that error, you have two choices, cancel the update or to
continue. Provided you have a current synced backup made just go ahead
and continue. It will basically restore your iPhone to factory default
with the plus being that it'll be an iOS 5 factory default, then it'll
ask whether you want to set it up as a new iPhone or restore from back
up. Choose restore from backup.

If you didn't have much music, apps, vids on there then it'll be
relatively quick. If you do, then go watch a movie cause it's going to
take a while to restore.

--
Leif Gregory 
http://PowerWagonRegistry.org
http://TBCave.com

On Oct 14, 2011, at 9:59 PM, suzasstuff <suzasmessages@wi.rr.com> wrote:

> I am having a problem updating my ipod touch 3rd gen... It starts to update and then I get this message..."An error occurred while backing up this ipod (-43)"
> What is the problem ??? What am I doing wrong ?? I am need someone to explain it simply, as I am not very knowledgeable on the subject...
> Thank you for your time...
>
> Susi
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Yahoo! News

Get it all here

Breaking news to

entertainment news

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.